using django-filer with rich textfields

EricSI

Aug 30, 2011, 4:43:36 PM8/30/11
to django...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone aware of a way to add images from django-filer to rich textfields?

I'm using django-filer in my project for an image library, and WYMEditor for a rich textfield in the admin panel.

The default behavior of the image button in WYMEditor is to prompt the user to enter a URL where the image lives.  However with django-filer the image urls are mostly hidden and will not be that easy for a content integrator to figure out.

I would like to be able to have the user click the image button in WYMEditor and select an image from the django-filer image library instead of the default behavior.   I would have thought that someone would have already done this but the google has failed me in my attempts to find any information on this.