Ticket 16317 https://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/16317

Marcob

Mar 16, 2012, 10:00:32 AM3/16/12
to Django developers
The ticket 16317 has a very nice 4 months old patch (it's has a two
lines fix, remainder are just test fixes).
It was marked for 1.3 version but now it's better to change it to 1.4
version.
As I really hate to patch django I think my only solution is "to
lobby" this ticket here :-)
Is there anything else I can do?
Ciao.
Marco.
P.S. Someone said the putting your email in cc in a ticket isn't the
way to go.

Simone Federici

Mar 17, 2012, 3:11:46 PM3/17/12
to django-d...@googlegroups.com
just to say that I did the patch 4 month ago, with test included,
but the bug is not opened by me.

is related to a problem involved when try to dump the data (in natural key mode) of a model with a self relationship.
but the resolution is one or two lines of code.

ptone

Mar 18, 2012, 12:19:55 PM3/18/12

On Friday, March 16, 2012 7:00:32 AM UTC-7, Marcob wrote:
The ticket 16317 has a very nice 4 months old patch (it's has a two
lines fix, remainder are just test fixes).
It was marked for 1.3 version but now it's better to change it to 1.4
version.
As I really hate to patch django I think my only solution is "to
lobby" this ticket here :-)
Is there anything else I can do?

This is where the community can help the core about by:

- applying the patch and verifying that it applies cleanly to current trunk
- see if it fixes the issue as you understand it or are experiencing it
- do your best to review the tests and determine if docs would be needed

If all looks OK, comment that you have done the above and mark "Ready for checkin"

I think too few people realize that this last step is something they can do.  It is not a guarantee of a prompt checkin - but it certainly increases the chance it will be seen.  I'd say only after it has sat in that state for a bit, does it make sense to post a nudge here.

-Preston

Simone Federici

Mar 18, 2012, 12:43:03 PM3/18/12

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 17:19, ptone <pre...@ptone.com> wrote:
If all looks OK, comment that you have done the above and mark "Ready for checkin"

Thanks Preston,
I've update the patch a the current revision  (the content is not changed)

I'think is ready for checkin, test are included on fixtures testcases

./runtests.py --settings=test_sqlite fixtures
Creating test database for alias 'default'...
Creating test database for alias 'other'...
Ran 16 tests in 0.681s

OK
Destroying test database for alias 'default'...
Destroying test database for alias 'other'...