Django CMS admin light?

Tijs

Apr 17, 2012, 7:17:37 AM4/17/12
to djang...@googlegroups.com
I was wondering if anybody has attempted, and succeeded, to create an alternative interface for the main pages section in the admin? I'm running into the issue that the main admin page takes a whopping 30+ seconds to load it being 1,5MB of HTML and inline javascript. You can imagine that our web editors are not very happy working with this... This is not a huge site mind you, perhaps about a hundred pages. This becomes unworkable fast so i can't imagine that i'm the only one having this issue.

Is there a simplified interface out there, or a way to turn off the javascript page tree in favor of new pages for each 'section'?

Luke Crooks

Apr 17, 2012, 7:57:44 AM4/17/12
to djang...@googlegroups.com
I have sites with over 1000 pages and dont run into this issue.

Still loads for me in seconds, check your server, connection as this
really shouldn't be an issue.

Tijs Teulings

Apr 17, 2012, 8:03:21 AM4/17/12
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Are you using a 'plain' install or are you using any extra caching for instance or other performance enhancements? I'm running on a few gunicorn instances fronted by nginx and although the database is a bit slow i usually don't have much issues with this host.

Luke Crooks

Apr 17, 2012, 8:08:00 AM4/17/12
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Gunicorn and nginx with no caching.

4 Nginx workers and about 8 gunicorn I think

Tijs Teulings

Apr 17, 2012, 8:14:11 AM4/17/12
to djang...@googlegroups.com
I have much less instances but then the actual site based on it is quite fast and not the issue just the admin view which is now almost 2 MB for the one view and growing. Seems to me just generating that much HTML will eat up resources by the boatload. Maybe i can relieve some of the pain by trying to cache the query results though...

Tijs Teulings

Apr 17, 2012, 9:19:29 AM4/17/12
to djang...@googlegroups.com
Follow up if you ever stumble upon this thread; the issue might have been solved with this patch: https://github.com/divio/django-cms/pull/1117