2.2 feature proposal: django-cms backend improvements

Kevin Renskers

Feb 1, 2011, 4:57:36 AM2/1/11
to django-cms-developers
Hi all,

A few days ago I wrote an article about the Django-CMS backend and its
usability problems. Today I saw the call for feature proposals for
2.2, and wanted to bring this up on the mailing list.

First of all, the article: http://mixedcase.nl/articles/2011/01/29/django-cms-backend-usability/

The comment Jonas wrote had my interest: "Our goal for 2.2 is to make
the backend admin almost obsolete, making all functionality of the
backend available in frontend editing. Stay tuned for soon-to-come
mockups from our end, a response to yours if you want."

Very interesting! Still, the backend should be improved too in my
opinion. While I don't know for sure if I'll have enough time to
actually implement a completely new backend interface, I would like to
help with usability insights, mockups, testing, styling, etc. And if I
can find time, I would like to help with development too.

So yeah, I am looking forward to get some sort of discussion about the
backend and/or frontend editing going on.

Cheers,
Kevin

Piotr Kilczuk

Feb 1, 2011, 7:07:55 AM2/1/11
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The comment Jonas wrote had my interest: "Our goal for 2.2 is to make
the backend admin almost obsolete, making all functionality of the
backend available in frontend editing. Stay tuned for soon-to-come
mockups from our end, a response to yours if you want."

Page meta data and advanced settings as well? I hope you will be able to add your own inline for example to the Page model?

http://ilian.i-n-i.org/extending-django-cms-page-model/

Regards,
Piotr