Using django-mptt instead of shipping it with the CMS

Jonas Obrist

Oct 29, 2010, 7:43:54 AM10/29/10
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
As proposed several times it is probably better to use django-mptt as a
dependency instead of actually shipping it in the CMS.

Benjamin Wohlwend has already started work on this [1].

What are everyone's thoughts on (assuming the branch is stable and
everything) merging it into 2.2 (2.1 is out of question)?

Jonas

Franck Bret

Nov 5, 2010, 12:29:13 PM11/5/10
to django-cms-developers

Samuel Luescher

Aug 31, 2011, 12:50:26 PM8/31/11
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
This bundled MPTT is a total showstopper. It prevents me (and possibly other developers) from developing my app together with Django CMS.
What's the status on removing the bundled MPTT? I looked into the 2.2 release candidate and it's still there.

Ionel Cristian Mărieș

Aug 31, 2011, 12:57:19 PM8/31/11
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
There's no mptt in 2.2. See https://github.com/divio/django-cms/tree/2.2rc2

Maybe you need to cleanup your site-packages ?

Thanks,

-- Ionel