Proposal [from github]: Link plugin does not support target (open in new window)

Divio Developers

Feb 3, 2011, 9:35:52 AM2/3/11
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com

Angelo Dini

Feb 4, 2011, 3:34:14 AM2/4/11
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
+1

but rather than using target="_blank" implement a tag like {{ render_target }} so u can use target="_{{ render_target }}" to be able to integrate a xhtml strict way of triggering the target.
Example: rel="target:blank" > using js to overwrite target > html valid

Piotr Kilczuk

Feb 4, 2011, 5:11:52 AM2/4/11

2011/2/4 Angelo Dini <atra...@gmail.com>

+1

but rather than using target="_blank" implement a tag like {{ render_target }} so u can use target="_{{ render_target }}" to be able to integrate a xhtml strict way of triggering the target.
Example: rel="target:blank" > using js to overwrite target > html valid

Sure +1.

Would be imo nice, when you could select from predefined values (_self, _blank, _top) or enter custom value when that is needed by the deployment.

Regards,
Piotr

Martin Pajuste

Feb 11, 2011, 10:02:36 AM2/11/11
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Definitely +1.

Phoebe Bright

Feb 16, 2011, 1:42:29 PM2/16/11
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Definately +2!, I'm finding it very hard to explain to the client why he can't have his link opening in a new window.  I like solution as suggested by centralniak as it is simple for the client to understand.

Bruno Clermont

Jun 13, 2011, 12:19:01 PM6/13/11
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
there is already a patch for this
it just need 12 characters to get it merged

https://github.com/bendavis78/django-cms-2.0/commit/c08e1c857f2666f5ac51f3b77d1c66c0478d2169

Jonas Obrist

Jun 13, 2011, 12:32:01 PM6/13/11
to django-cms...@googlegroups.com
Fix those 12 characters, send an updated pull request...