My letter of resignation

Bryan Bishop

Sep 16, 2009, 11:33:43 PM9/16/09
to diybio, kan...@gmail.com
Dear diybio,

After some hard, long thinking over these past couple of months, a
couple of cold beers, and a few personal epiphanies that I'd like to
share with you, I have come to a difficult life decision. So I'll just
come out and say that I regret to inform you that I am leaving the
country. I am also done with this whole web thing. That means diybio,
too. Over these past few months, I have come to the realization of how
awesome I am and how you top posters are all undeserving of my
award-winning prose and patience.

My girlfriends and I will be moving to Tristan de Cunha to pursue my
new career in marketing. My startup, DomainSquatters.com, has been
operating in stealth for the past six months, the last three of which
have demonstrated 110% open TLAs on nine metrics. Wow! I am still
seeking another $100,000 USD for the move to be completed. By the way:
we're hiring! Send in those resumes boys, I'll take as many of you
with me as I can manage.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors. I guess you could say that
it was ultimately Tom Knight that provided the inspiration for this
change in pace in my life. He is a true inspiration to hackers
everywhere. Rock on bro +1.

Goodbye forever,

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507

p.s. I'm joking. wtf is going on here? Are you people crazy? Tom?? Do
you really hate us that much? Maybe you can convince the moderators to
step up their game a bit. Maybe Daniel's suggestions are worth
re-reading.

Parijata Mackey

Sep 17, 2009, 12:31:21 AM9/17/09
to Bryan Bishop, diy...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. This has all been a shocking and embarassing waste of time.

Chill.

Do biology.

Jesus.

PS: "Jesus" is an exclamation, not a signature.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone