Rendering Comments Server-Side; Conflicts with Universal Code?

Hank Sims

Nov 18, 2011, 1:27:51 PM11/18/11
to Disqus Developers
I'd like to use the API to sync comments to my own database and render
them server-side. But if I'm still including the Universal Code so
that people can enter new comments, wouldn't each comment render twice
-- once from my server, and once from the widget that the Universal
Code imports into my page?

I know that people do this, so there must be a solution. Sorry if it's
documented somewhere, but I'm unable to find it.

Michael HP

Nov 19, 2011, 6:17:37 AM11/19/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
i'm currently working on a similar project. Yes the comments will be
rendered twice, once by you(the server) and once by the client using
the Disqus Javascript embed.
i'm guessing you want to render the comments server side to either
make them available for search engine indexing or to run your own
statistics on them; as far as i know, server side rendering is the
only solution to this, unless you want to use a plugin like
"Wordpress" that supports functionality like that.