Has the event method onNewComment changed in Disqus 2012?

DarkUFO

Jun 13, 2012, 2:43:41 PM6/13/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
We have this code that we use on on out site to reward Badgeville points.

Since moving to Disqus 2012 today this code is no longer working.

Could someone have a look and see what I need to change to fix this.

function disqus_config() {
this.callbacks.onReady = [ function() {
if ( DISQUS.container.innerHTML.indexOf("dsg-comment-message") != -1 ) {
hascomments = 1;
}
} ];
this.callbacks.onNewComment = [function() {
if ( hascomments ) {
hascomments = 1;
Badgeville.credit( ['leave a comment',{verb:"awardshowpoint",
showname: showlabel, showpoint:1}] );
} else {
hascomments = 1;
Badgeville.credit( ['leave a comment',{verb:"awardshowpoint",
showname: showlabel, showpoint:1}] );
}
}];
}
//]]>
</script>

Mark Reid

Jun 14, 2012, 6:58:35 PM6/14/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is a note in the FAQ about Disqus 2012 which says that the onNewComment` callback is not yet available for Disqus 2012:

They recommend not upgrading to Disqus 2012 if you make use of this callback.

Regards,

Mark

DarkUFO

Jun 15, 2012, 1:13:08 AM6/15/12