API Posts approve/remove sometimes doesn't work ?

Alain B.

Jul 13, 2012, 10:00:34 AM7/13/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've noticed several occurences where our approve/remove requests to the "Posts" API doesn't do the job.
Is that a know problem ? Is it possible for you to investigate ?
I have the id of the post (forum "ftvi"), date and time (July 13th 14:11:47,271 French Time) of the call to http://disqus.com/api/3.0/posts/approve.json and response ({"code": 0, "response": [{"id": "586814491"}]}).
I have a screenshot of the Disqus moderation tool which shows the post is still in pending state (I can attach it if you want).

Cheers,
Alain

Alain B.

Jul 18, 2012, 2:45:57 AM7/18/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Please note that this kind of problem is occuring every day.
Do you have some feedack about it ?

Cheers

David Cramer

Jul 18, 2012, 12:23:55 PM7/18/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com, disqu...@googlegroups.com
What you're seeing is likely lag in the system. The API is powered off of replica databases for most things, which means actions may not take affect immediately.

Alain B.

Jul 18, 2012, 1:41:03 PM7/18/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
I thought it could be the reason at first, but after days the message status is still unapproved.
That is the case of the message I took as an example in my first post (id= 586814491). As of today it is still in unapproved state.
And it's not the only one.

Alain B.

Aug 28, 2012, 3:08:53 AM8/28/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Can we expect some work done on this bug ? What is the status of the investigation ?
The problem is still occurring randomly.

Alain