Still no HTTPS support?

Nathan Rajlich

Feb 28, 2011, 3:30:07 PM2/28/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
There's a couple threads on this forum from half a year ago desiring some HTTPS support from you guys. Currently it is impossible to use your service on an HTTPS site, and that cuts out a large potential user base I think. What's the situation on this? Thanks in advance.

Anton Kovalyov

Feb 28, 2011, 3:50:19 PM2/28/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com, Nathan Rajlich
Hi Nathan,

We are still working on it, most issues we have deal with are on the ops side and associated with scaling HTTPS traffic.

Anton

On 28 February 2011 12:30, Nathan Rajlich <nat...@tootallnate.net> wrote:
There's a couple threads on this forum from half a year ago desiring some HTTPS support from you guys. Currently it is impossible to use your service on an HTTPS site, and that cuts out a large potential user base I think. What's the situation on this? Thanks in advance.

Nathan Rajlich

Feb 28, 2011, 4:02:24 PM2/28/11
to Anton Kovalyov, disqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Anton. Great to hear you guys are still working on it! I guess I'll attempt to proxy the necessary files through my server first in the meantime.

Nathan Rajlich

May 10, 2011, 4:47:16 PM5/10/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Sigh... This is really a deal breaker for me guys. I haven't been able to use your service ever since I switched over to SSL, and it's really unfortunate since 1) I really like your guys' service and 2) Disqus is the last part of my site (the last external service) that still doesn't support SSL.

Any news on this subject? Thanks again...

David Cramer

May 10, 2011, 4:57:13 PM5/10/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
I've been told it's coming *very* soon

--
David Cramer

groogg

May 23, 2011, 4:17:02 AM5/23/11
to Disqus Developers
Do you know if "soon" is in a few days, weeks, months or years :).

Ryan Witt

May 24, 2011, 1:56:33 PM5/24/11
to Disqus Developers
+1

Mike Clarke

May 25, 2011, 2:40:32 PM5/25/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
We've upgraded our backend infrastructure to support SSL, and we're updating our embed code to make sure there's no mixed content exceptions that break functionality. To answer groogg's earlier question, we're looking at a timeframe of days rather than months or years for rolling this out. Thanks for being patient as we work out the kinks.
Mike

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Ryan Witt <onecrea...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

Nathan Rajlich

May 25, 2011, 8:51:44 PM5/25/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear the news Mike! I'll try embedding into my blog tonight!

groogg

May 26, 2011, 2:09:08 AM5/26/11
to Disqus Developers
Thanks for the response. That sounds great.

Chris Westin

May 30, 2011, 4:04:59 PM5/30/11
to Disqus Developers
I just tried enabling the Drupal Disqus module on my https site, but
it's still hanging like it did before... I guess this isn't available
yet? Here's to hoping all goes well and that it will work soon,
because I'd really like to be able to offer commenting on my site.

Chris

On May 25, 5:51 pm, Nathan Rajlich <nat...@tootallnate.net> wrote:
> Glad to hear the news Mike! I'll try embedding into my blog tonight!
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Mike Clarke <mike.k.cla...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> > We've upgraded our backend infrastructure to support SSL, and we're
> > updating our embed code to make sure there's no mixed content exceptions
> > that break functionality. To answer groogg's earlier question, we're looking
> > at a timeframe of days rather than months or years for rolling this out.
> > Thanks for being patient as we work out the kinks.
> > Mike

Nathan Rajlich

May 30, 2011, 7:53:04 PM5/30/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Indeed. I haven't been able to get it working yet either. Documentation updates would be appreciated!

Mike Clarke

May 31, 2011, 8:14:35 PM5/31/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
We pushed a round of fixes this afternoon that resolves some of the problems when embedding Disqus in a page secured with SSL.  We're still testing different scenarios, so SSL isn't "officially supported" yet (hence the lack of documentation), but using the universal code with https instead of http should work now.  Let us know if you run into trouble.

Mike

Nathan Rajlich

May 31, 2011, 9:16:42 PM5/31/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update Mike! I can indeed confirm that it is now working on my blog: https://tootallnate.net

The last thing that appears to need fixing is all the image resources that get fetched from: http://mediacdn.disqus.com need to be updated to be HTTPS, so that my mixed content warnings will go away. Hopefully this will be a minor one. Good job and thanks again!

Chris Westin

Jun 2, 2011, 11:29:16 AM6/2/11
to Disqus Developers
Great news!

I tried it again, and it appears to work. However, it doesn't work on
all my pages. I'm not sure if this is a Disqus issue, or a Drupal
issue (posted http://drupal.org/node/1176746). Have you seen any
issues where the service doesn't work on some pages while it does work
on others?

Chris

On May 31, 6:16 pm, Nathan Rajlich <nat...@tootallnate.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the update Mike! I can indeed confirm that it is now working on
> my blog:https://tootallnate.net
>
> The last thing that appears to need fixing is all the image resources that
> get fetched from:http://mediacdn.disqus.comneed to be updated to be HTTPS,
> so that my mixed content warnings will go away. Hopefully this will be a
> minor one. Good job and thanks again!
>
> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Mike Clarke <mike.k.cla...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > We pushed a round of fixes this afternoon that resolves some of the
> > problems when embedding Disqus in a page secured with SSL.  We're still
> > testing different scenarios, so SSL isn't "officially supported" yet (hence
> > the lack of documentation), but using the universal code with https instead
> > of http should work now.  Let us know if you run into trouble.
>
> > Mike
>
> > On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Nathan Rajlich <nat...@tootallnate.net>wrote:
>
> >> Indeed. I haven't been able to get it working yet either. Documentation
> >> updates would be appreciated!

Ryan Witt

Jun 4, 2011, 6:20:16 PM6/4/11
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Kudos to you guys! Working now on https://opani.com/

I'll echo Nate's comment about the avatar CDN. Would be great to get rid of the warnings.

Phil Freo

May 23, 2012, 1:56:47 PM5/23/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
I just tried putting Disqus on an HTTPS/SSL site --- looks like most of the assets come in correctly but a couple at the end come in as http

And then
  1. Request URL:
  2. Request Headersview source
    1. Content-Type:
      text/plain
    2. Origin:
    3. User-Agent:
      Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_4) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.11 Safari/536.11

How quickly can we expect this to get fixed?

Having ANY assets come in non-https ruins the whole point of it because the you get really nasty warnings from Chrome, etc.

Anton Kovalyov

May 23, 2012, 2:01:24 PM5/23/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We're going to fix this ASAP.

Anton

Gabriel Fouasnon

May 25, 2012, 5:50:16 PM5/25/12
to Disqus Developers, Phil Freo
Hi Phil,

This should be fixed now.

Again, thanks,
Gabriel

On May 23, 10:56 am, Phil Freo <ph...@philfreo.com> wrote:
> I just tried putting Disqus on an HTTPS/SSL site --- looks like most of the
> assets come in correctly but a couple at the end come in as http
>
> Request URL:http://juggler.services.disqus.com/event.js?thread_slug=
>
> And then
>
>    1. Request URL:
>    http://qq.disqus.com/1337795734xxxxx/701xxxx/
>    2. Request Headersview source
>       1. Content-Type:
>       text/plain
>       2. Origin:
>      https://securecdn.disqus.com
>       3. User-Agent:

Anton Kovalyov

Jun 29, 2012, 7:31:12 PM6/29/12
to disqu...@googlegroups.com, Gabriel Fouasnon
Hi Phil,

Enabling HTTPS for Disqus 2012 is on top of our list.

Thanks,
Anton

On Friday, June 29, 2012 at 8:11 AM, Phil Freo wrote:

Ahhh I just enabled "THE NEW DISQUS 2012" and now it broke HTTPS support!!!!
Phil Freo, Jr.
http://philfreo.com/
Cell: 904-504-0862 | Skype: philfreo

Message has been deleted