Automatically allow Camera Access Request in webrtc enabled Chrome

rizwan

Aug 6, 2012, 1:25:57 PM8/6/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I have a rather basic question regarding the use of webrtc.
When the local camera access is invoked using getUserMedia, there is a small bar in chrome that pops up asking to either Allow or Deny Access.
Is there anyway to getaway with this and let the chrome always allow access to camera?

This is because in automating my test application i am using unit tests that run at scheduled intervals and testing is hanged to the point where camera access is required?
Is there any flag in chrome canary build or dev bulid may be that can help overcome this problem?

Thank you,
Rizwan.

Serge Lachapelle

Aug 6, 2012, 1:28:51 PM8/6/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
In chrome dev and canary, you can use the always allow options in the drop down menu. It appears for web pages served over https.

/S

--
Google Sweden AB | Kungsbron 2, SE-111 22 Stockholm | Org. nr. 556656-6880

Apparently, this footer is required in Europe. Apologies. This email may be confidential or privileged.  If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else,please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it went to the wrong person.  Thanks.

rizwan

Aug 6, 2012, 1:36:41 PM8/6/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Thanks serge, but is there no way to have the same option over http only server?

Justin Uberti

Aug 6, 2012, 2:18:48 PM8/6/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
For security reasons "Always allow" is only enabled for HTTPS domains.

Harald Alvestrand

Nov 13, 2012, 4:55:03 AM11/13/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 4:48 AM, マルティンハイデッガー <m...@bascule-go.com> wrote:
This security exception seems very arbitrary. The same does not apply to popups for example.

Popups can't film you.

A unified modell would be reasonable imho.
A different question: Is it supposed to be allowed using spdy?

spdy doesn't affect whether the origin (which identifies the security context) is http or https.

PhistucK

Nov 13, 2012, 9:50:14 AM11/13/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, SPDY is secure by definition, so, I think it must be HTTPS.

PhistucK

Padma Prasad Dharmaraja

Mar 27, 2013, 6:41:45 AM3/27/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rizwan,
I am curious to know were you able to make Auto allow work with http for webrtc calls?
Another question, even I am trying to automate the testcases to run webrtc call under load.

Could you give me some pointers how to run bulk webrtc calls?

Thanks much,
Padma Prasad

Jay Jideliov

Oct 9, 2013, 9:00:01 PM10/9/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
I am serving the site via http, but still have no option to Always Allow. Is EV certificate required, or should just a regular ssl work?