Disable Opus and other codecs

jee...@gmail.com

Aug 2, 2016, 2:53:28 AM8/2/16
to discuss-webrtc
I am trying to disable opus and other codecs. I tried to set rtc_include_opus and rtc_build_opus as following

declare_args() {
  # Disable this to avoid building the Opus audio codec
  rtc_include_opus = false

  rtc_build_opus = false
}

I tried to set it in both

build/webrtc.gni
build_overrides/webrtc.gni

However, it doesn't seem to work. It always compiles opus even after clean build.

Any idea, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

jee...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2016, 2:52:19 AM8/3/16
to discuss-webrtc
Any help will be appreciated? Can webrtc developers put some light on it?

Henrik Kjellander

Aug 10, 2016, 2:19:59 PM8/10/16
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
You seem to be setting the GN variables. WebRTC still uses GYP by default which may explain why you don't see any change (we're on our way to migrate to GN though).

Try this (from webrtc/build/common.gypi):
export GYP_DEFINES="include_opus=0 build_opus=0"
webrtc/build/gyp_webrtc.py
ninja -C out/Debug

That said, not all parts of the code supports dynamically removing codecs without also altering the source code. That's something we're planning to change (i.e. make WebRTC much more configurable without having to alter the code). Star https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webrtc/issues/detail?id=5716 to follow that progress.

--

---