PSA: Android SDK will build without video codecs by default

mag...@webrtc.org

Aug 1, 2018, 10:03:47 AM8/1/18
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

In two weeks the WebRTC Android SDK will start building without video codecs by default. The purpose is to save binary size for clients that don't need video (e.g. audio or data only).

This change will only affect clients who currently don't pass in any video codec factories to the Android PeerConnectionFactory API. If you are currently not passing in video codecs factories and want to continue having video, please pass in instances of DefaultVideoEncoderFactory and DefaultVideoDecoderFactory in the createPeerConnectionFactory() call.

Thanks,
Magnus

mag...@webrtc.org

Aug 3, 2018, 7:33:05 AM8/3/18
to discuss-webrtc
Also, we will remove the deprecated functions related to the built-in video codecs, namely setEnableVideoHwAcceleration() and setVideoHwAccelerationOptions(). Video codec HW acceleration is now controlled by what coded factory you pass in.

Paulo Neves

Jan 19, 2020, 1:39:31 AM1/19/20
to discuss-webrtc
Hi,

Could it be that you add the ability for the code to not SIGSEGV if there are no codecs added?
I do not think this should work like this. Me and another user were hit by this issue