WebRTC: Javascript library for mapping SDP to Jingle and vice versa

Michael Weibel

Mar 7, 2012, 2:49:50 AM3/7/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

(this message has been cross-posted to xmpp jingle mailinglist and webrtc discuss mailinglist)

I'm working on a js lib for parsing SDP and mapping it to jingle and vice versa.
I did now the basic parsing and mapping but couldn't really test it yet:

https://github.com/mweibel/sdpToJingle

If you'd like to contribute or have any comments, feel free to contact me or send pull requests.

- Michael

Justin Uberti

Mar 15, 2012, 10:20:19 PM3/15/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Nice little library! Do you have any unit tests or sample input/output, so I can see what it currently is able to handle?

Michael Weibel

Mar 16, 2012, 1:38:50 PM3/16/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
I started today with some unittests but they're not ready yet.
Basicly the current chrome canary SDP message is working w/o problems.

http://candy-chat.github.com/candy-webrtc/ is a demo application which uses the sdpToJingle library for the mapping, a Strophe.js Jingle Plugin for abstracting the whole call process and a Candy-Plugin for integrating it into Candy :)

- Michael

Dele Olajide

Mar 17, 2012, 4:36:09 PM3/17/12
to discuss-webrtc
Nice Work Michael :-) Just tried the demo and it works with the Dev
Channel version at 19.0.1068.1

-dele

On Mar 16, 5:38 pm, Michael Weibel <michael.wei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I started today with some unittests but they're not ready yet.
> Basicly the current chrome canary SDP message is working w/o problems.
> > http://candy-chat.github.com/candy-webrtc/is a demo application which uses

> the sdpToJingle library for the mapping, a Strophe.js Jingle Plugin for
> abstracting the whole call process and a Candy-Plugin for integrating it
> into Candy :)
>
> - Michael
>
> Am Freitag, 16. März 2012 03:20:19 UTC+1 schrieb Justin Uberti:
>

> > Nice little library! Do you have any unit tests or sample input/output, so
> > I can see what it currently is able to handle?

Dele Olajide

Mar 17, 2012, 6:03:17 PM3/17/12
to discuss-webrtc
Hi Michael,,

Would you please consider revising handling of the remote connection
media in the Strophe plugin

_connection.jingle.setLocalView($('#jingle-localView'));
_connection.jingle.setRemoteView($('#jingle-remoteView'));

I associate the local media with the connection object, but the remote
media is associated with each call object in a collection. I need this
for my MUC implementation that handles multiple webrtc peerconnections
on a single xmpp connection.

-dele

On Mar 17, 8:36 pm, Dele Olajide <olajide.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice Work Michael :-) Just tried the demo and it works with the Dev
> Channel version at 19.0.1068.1
>
> -dele
>
> On Mar 16, 5:38 pm, Michael Weibel <michael.wei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I started today with some unittests but they're not ready yet.
> > Basicly the current chrome canary SDP message is working w/o problems.
> > >http://candy-chat.github.com/candy-webrtc/isa demo application which uses

Michael Weibel

Mar 18, 2012, 6:50:05 AM3/18/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dele,

Thanks :)

Yes I'm already refactoring the whole process in order to be able to setup multiple peerconnections.
I'll keep you updated.

- Michael

Neeraj Nagi

Jan 7, 2014, 8:35:15 AM1/7/14
to discuss...@googlegroups.com, michael...@gmail.com
is there a way to use a flash client which could act as an rtp provider. I am thinking of fallback scenarios if webrtc is not present

Philipp Hancke

Jan 7, 2014, 2:12:49 PM1/7/14
On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Neeraj Nagi <neera...@gmail.com> wrote:
is there a way to use a flash client which could act as an rtp provider. I am thinking of fallback scenarios if webrtc is not present

Not without a serverside gateway that translates Adobes RTMP/RMTFP to RTP. Adobe offers that IIRC, even though I don't think it will speak DTLS-SRTP.
Due to Flashs codec choices you might need a transcoding element for video as well, audio is fine as FP 11 (or 10.1?) added G.711 support.