Screen sharing Recording

bootstraponline

Apr 10, 2012, 3:51:17 PM4/10/12
to discuss-webrtc
Is recording of screen sharing with Chrome planned? For example,
recording a screencast.

Punyabrata Ray

Apr 10, 2012, 4:23:03 PM4/10/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
From a recent post regarding Chrome's WebRTC roadmap

What’s next?
More functionality and features will appear in future versions of Chrome. We’ll work on prioritizing them once we get the basics right:
  • Data API. Implementation will start once the network stack is ready.
  • Screen sharing
  • PeerConnection proxying. The ability to relay a stream to a third party will not make our first version.
  • Recording. MediaRecorder specification work has not been completed yet.
-pr

Marcio Galli

Apr 10, 2012, 11:32:01 PM4/10/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
A, 2 cents, sort of related case towards recording as API / canvas / screencasting etc:

* ability to record ( attach recording operation using source = ) from a given canvas
* rainbow case had some defaults, for instance frames / sec but API had resolution at least
* encoding was asynchronous, so if you hit a stop it triggred a "onActualStop" sort of event
* If you record, let's say a screencast using a priviledged command such as drawWindow, you had to make sure to paint with alpha transparency 100% as background so to avoid the "vertical sync" problem effect as the recording function was not always in sync with the update in the canvas.

Gaurav

Apr 10, 2012, 11:55:17 PM4/10/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

    Is multiple independent PeerConnections ready, as in the post http://blog.chromium.org/2012/04/chromes-webrtc-roadmap.html , its in the "What's in" list.

   Thanks.

Ivan Vučica

Apr 11, 2012, 5:16:56 AM4/11/12
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaurav,

I suspect no, at least not in a public binary release, since even Canary doesn't have the new JSEP-based PeerConnection.
--
Ivan Vučica - iv...@vucica.net