Re: [discuss-webrtc] Looking for free & public stun server for commercial use

Silvia Pfeiffer

Apr 18, 2013, 8:35:22 AM4/18/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
You're best off setting up your own stun and turn server for your commercial use.

There are a few open source implementations to choose from, e.g.:
http://code.google.com/p/rfc5766-turn-server/
http://www.pjsip.org/pjnath/docs/html/

Regards,
Silvia.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Chien. Ming Lee <nomon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Recently, we are developing relative project & looking for the free & public stun server for our commercial app.
Does anyone know if there is any free for commercial use stun server?

As I know, google stun servers are free for use & public, but I am not sure if they are also free for commercial use...

Thanks again for answering.

--

---

Oleg Moskalenko

Apr 18, 2013, 11:20:40 AM4/18/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
That's right. Our TURN/STUN server (rfc5766-turnp-server) is released under BSD license. You can use it for free for any usage, like other BSD-licensed products.

Regards,
Oleg

Oleg Moskalenko

Apr 18, 2013, 11:58:37 AM4/18/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
... of course, I meant, you are free to use it for any LAWFUL LEGAL commercial activity.

Ben Strong

Apr 19, 2013, 12:31:06 PM4/19/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
You are welcome to use stun.vline.com. We have stun servers deployed around the world (relay servers as well, but that requires our javascript framework).

Ben

Chien. Ming Lee

Apr 21, 2013, 10:25:18 PM4/21/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all replies first.

@Silvia:
Our own stun server is one of our backup option due to budget consideration><

@Oleg/Ben:
Thanks for your information. I will give it a try later today. Thanks.

lawrence E

Sep 27, 2013, 7:42:45 AM9/27/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com
Any idea how to create one? Any resource will be helpful. Can this be created in node js?

Calvin Walton

Sep 27, 2013, 3:25:54 PM9/27/13
On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 04:42 -0700, lawrence E wrote:
> Any idea how to create one? Any resource will be helpful. Can this be
> created in node js?

There's no need to write your own; you can use either
rfc5766-turn-server (BSD license) or PJNATH (GPL-2 license) in a
commercial product as long as you follow the terms of the license.

If you did want to write your own, you'd want to start by reading
through the appropriate specifications; a good start would be
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5766 and
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5389

--
Calvin Walton <calvin...@kepstin.ca>

Silvia Pfeiffer

Sep 27, 2013, 4:53:20 PM9/27/13
to discuss...@googlegroups.com

Thea are separate server applications. They don't run node or any web app, since they are not web apps. I have pointed out 2 open source apps that you can install. There is also stund. Just install one of them on a server and configure it as per their docs.
Silvia.