PSA: WebRTC host candidate obfuscation feature and experiment in M74

jero...@webrtc.org

Mar 20, 2019, 12:48:14 PM3/20/19
to discuss-webrtc
We're continuing the experiment started in M73 as announced in https://groups.google.com/d/msg/discuss-webrtc/4Yggl6ZzqZk/nV24XkXXAQAJ.

We've restricted the host candidate obfuscation to peer connections for which the user has not provided getUserMedia permission.

This intent is to expand the experiment also to include Chrome Beta and Developer editions over the next few days.

As mentioned before, this feature and experiment only affects Chrome on Windows, MacOS and Linux.

Regards,
Jeroen

Eason Zhao

Mar 22, 2019, 4:58:18 AM3/22/19
to discuss-webrtc
Hi Jeroen,

The Chrome Dev Version 74.0.3729.22 and Canary Version 75.0.3740.0 seems not working with webrtc call, I've tested against my local mediasoup and janus demo, and checked the chrome debug log, seems it's not encoding any video.

Is there any plan to fix it in next version and when the next version will be?

Best,
Eason

在 2019年3月20日星期三 UTC-4下午12:48:14,jero...@webrtc.org写道: