Problem with DS2490 on Linux (USB ERROR: Failed to set configuration)

Arne

Jun 2, 2012, 6:23:32 AM6/2/12
to DigiTemp
Hello Group,

i use the DigiTemp sotware for a long time with 2 strings over
serialports on my linux home-server.
In next time i would like to use a new hardware for my server, with
less comports.

So i would like to change to USB with DS2490 but i have a problem.
look at my shell:

bhkw2:/tmp/projekt-1-wire# ./digitemp_DS2490 -i -w
DigiTemp v3.5.0 Copyright 1996-2007 by Brian C. Lane
GNU Public License v2.0 - http://www.digitemp.com
Found DS2490 device #1 at 001/002
could not set config 1: Device or resource busy
USB ERROR: Failed to set configuration

i test it on my laptop (Kubuntu) and on my server (Debian) always with
root previleges.

pleas can everybody help my.
Thanks
Arne

Brian C. Lane

Jun 2, 2012, 3:02:17 PM6/2/12
to digi...@googlegroups.com
Make sure something else doesn't have control of it. There used to be a
ds2490 kernel module that needed to be blacklisted.

Brian

--
http://www.brianlane.com

Arne

Jun 3, 2012, 6:05:29 AM6/3/12
to DigiTemp

On 2 Jun., 21:02, "Brian C. Lane" <b...@brianlane.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 03:23:32AM -0700, Arne wrote:
> > Hello Group,
>
> > i use the DigiTemp sotware for a long time with 2 strings over
> > serialports on my linux home-server.
> > In next time i would like to use a new hardware for my server, with
> > less comports.
>
> > So i would like to change to USB with DS2490 but i have a problem.
> > look at my shell:
>
> > bhkw2:/tmp/projekt-1-wire# ./digitemp_DS2490 -i -w
> > DigiTemp v3.5.0 Copyright 1996-2007 by Brian C. Lane
> > GNU Public License v2.0 -http://www.digitemp.com
> > Found DS2490 device #1 at 001/002
> > could not set config 1: Device or resource busy
> > USB ERROR: Failed to set configuration
>
> > i test it on my laptop (Kubuntu) and on my server (Debian) always with
> > root previleges.
>
> Make sure something else doesn't have control of it. There used to be a
> ds2490 kernel module that needed to be blacklisted.
>
> Brian
>
> --http://www.brianlane.com
>
>  application_pgp-signature_part
> < 1 KBAnzeigenHerunterladen

Hi Brian,

thanks für your help, it was the kernel modul.
Now it work.

Arne