Installing on Ubuntu

Provizor

Mar 20, 2012, 5:19:40 PM3/20/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Ubuntu version 11.10
All I do under instructions
bash-s stable <<(curl-s https://raw.github.com/wayneeseguin/rvm/master/binscripts/rvm-installer) echo [[-s "$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm"]] &&. "$HOME/.rvm/scripts/rvm" # Load RVM function '>> ~/.bashrc source ~/.bashrc rvm instal ruby-1.9.2-p290

As has entered this command
rvm use ruby-1.9.2-p290@global
To show here so

RVM is not a function, selecting rubies with 'rvm use ...' will not work.

Provizor

Mar 20, 2012, 5:20:38 PM3/20/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
And it is possible to establish version 1.9.3

Provizor

May 7, 2012, 3:11:41 AM5/7/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Help please
At any time nastraevayu but what does not work
write to the terminal rake
shows the JavaScript not install
write to the terminal. / script / server
shows 0.0.0.0:3000

Provizor

May 7, 2012, 3:16:07 AM5/7/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com

Help please
At any time tune but what does not work

Provizor

May 7, 2012, 3:30:14 AM5/7/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
These are mine options config/application.yml
Look have adjusted I is correct
application.yml

Maxwell Salzberg

May 7, 2012, 11:32:02 AM5/7/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think you need to install a Javascript runtime:

JavaScript Runtime for Ubuntu

For Rails 3.1, a JavaScript runtime is needed for development on Linux Ubuntu. It is not needed for Mac OS X or Windows.

For development on Linux Ubuntu, it’s best to install the Node.js server-side JavaScript environment:

sudo apt-get install nodejs

and set it in your $PATH.

If you don’t install Node.js, you’ll need to add this to the Gemfile for each Rails application you build:

gem 'therubyracer'

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM, Provizor <hps...@mail.ru> wrote:
These are mine options config/application.yml
Look have adjusted I is correct

visualsayed

May 7, 2012, 4:01:13 PM5/7/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
run this command to install rvm
and may be you need to restart your terminal then every thing should run smoothly
aslo max is right you will need nodejs

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:14:44 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
I do not know what the problem is
I am writing to rake in the terminal
Shows Errors running test: units

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:16:11 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
I write in the terminal rake spec
Shows the rake aborted!
Unknown database 'diaspora_development'
Task: TOP => spec => db: test: prepare => db: abort_if_pending_migrations => environment

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:16:39 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
set up production in script_server.yml

Daniel Grippi

May 8, 2012, 4:17:04 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
ok, cool!

just run 'rake db:rebuild'

Sent from my iPhone

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:17:10 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
launched the browser and got a http address but neither of which does not load
wrote in the terminal. / script / server

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:18:13 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
 _  wrote in the terminal. / script / server
shows FATAL: Error: thin port 3000 is already in use. Exiting
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3000 0.0.0.0: * LISTEN

Daniel Grippi

May 8, 2012, 4:19:01 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
run 'killall -9 ruby' in that case?

Sent from my iPhone

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:32:37 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
I write in terminal 'rake db:rebuild'

Shows
seeding users, this will take awhile
WARNING:
  You run in development but Oink isn't available in your gems.
  That most likely means you copied the bundle command from the installation guide
  and didn't removed development from the --without parameter while having
  the intention to run under development mode. To fix this either switch to
  production mode or do a rm .bundle/config and run bundle install --without heroku
rake aborted!
no such file to load -- factory_girl_rails

Tasks: TOP => db:seed

seeded!

Daniel Grippi

May 8, 2012, 4:33:48 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
have you installed bundler with 'gem install bundler'?  and have you run the 'bundle' command?

Sent from my iPhone

Daniel Grippi

May 8, 2012, 4:34:42 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
try running 'rake db:create db:migrate db:test:prepare'

Sent from my iPhone

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:38:35 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
I write killall -9 ruby
after
write killall -9 ruby
shows Starting server on 0.0.0.0:3000 ...
>> Deleting stale PID file tmp/pids/thin.3000.pid
Starting server on 0.0.0.0:3001 ...
>> Deleting stale PID file tmp/pids/thin.3001.pid
Starting server on 0.0.0.0:3002 ...
>> Deleting stale PID file tmp/pids/thin.3002.pid
Starting server on 0.0.0.0:3003 ...
>> Deleting stale PID file tmp/pids/thin.3003.pid
Starting server on 0.0.0.0:3004 ...
>> Deleting stale PID file tmp/pids/thin.3004.pid

Daniel Grippi

May 8, 2012, 4:40:01 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
how are you running diaspora?  are you using daemontools?  (it sure sounds like it)

we prefer running foreman instead...

Sent from my iPhone

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:42:25 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
here my options

application.yml
script_server.yml
database.yml

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:43:40 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
here my nginx options

nginx.conf

Maxwell Salzberg

May 8, 2012, 4:45:39 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you should take this to IRC

- Maxwell

On May 8, 2012, at 1:43 PM, Provizor <hps...@mail.ru> wrote:

here my nginx options

<nginx.conf>

Daniel Grippi

May 8, 2012, 4:47:03 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
yeah, you don't want to run script server.  that's been deprecated since we started using foreman to do our process management.  I can take a better look at this later when I'm at a computer, but in the meantime try killing the daemontools process (it's sv-something), and try running foreman instead by running 'foreman start' in your project directory.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2012, at 1:43 PM, Provizor <hps...@mail.ru> wrote:

here my nginx options

<nginx.conf>

Provizor

May 8, 2012, 4:55:32 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
at me costs
rvm ruby

Provizor

Sean Tilley

May 8, 2012, 11:13:47 PM5/8/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
Here's a helpful screencast explaining foreman and how it is used: http://railscasts.com/episodes/281-foreman

Provizor

May 9, 2012, 3:27:12 AM5/9/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
check out my setup
I configured correctly diaspora * (application.yml script_server.yml database.yml)
and nginx configuration (nginx.conf)
set up a http

Provizor

May 9, 2012, 3:52:33 AM5/9/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
I set up a Diaspora (production mode)

When I wrote in the terminal rake db: create db: migrate db: test: prepare
but it shows

you run in development but Oink isn't available in your gems.

Provizor

May 16, 2012, 2:27:54 PM5/16/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com
I typed in the terminal rails s
I showed

WARNING:
You run in development bit Oink isn't available in your gems.

That most likely means you copied the bundle command from the installation guide
and didn't removed development from the - without parameter while having the intention to run under development mode. To fix this either switch to production mode or a rm .bundle / config and run bundle install - without heroku
(Went to the site 0.0.0.0:3000 it works)

how to configure the diaspora production mode?

And one more question
As I enter the terminal rails s
nginks also work begins?
enter the name into the browser of your site, do not occur
enter into the browser 0.0.0.0:3000 site is loaded properly

Provizor

May 16, 2012, 2:29:22 PM5/16/12
to diaspo...@googlegroups.com

среда, 16 мая 2012 г., 23:27:54 UTC+5 пользователь Provizor написал:
I typed in the terminal rails s
I showed

WARNING:
You run in development bit Oink isn't available in your gems.
That most likely means you copied the bundle command from the installation guide
and didn't removed development from the - without parameter while having the intention to run under development mode. To fix this either switch to production mode or a rm .bundle / config and run bundle install - without heroku
(Went to the site 0.0.0.0:3000 it works)

how to configure the diaspora production mode?

And one more question
As I enter the terminal rails s
nginx also work begins?