Downtime

DGCSC XML Price Service

Dec 3, 2013, 6:16:20 AM12/3/13
to dgcsc-xml-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

You have probably noticed unusual (for us) periods of downtime over the past couple of days .

This is the first major downtime in 2 years, and the previous was a similar event which resulted in one or 2 short outages of 10 - 15 minutes.

The problem is that another customer of our upstream service provider has experienced a massive DDoS attack and the ISP is juggling bandwidth and networks to try and keep all of us online. Unfortunately they have not been totally successful, but so far we have been up most of the time, albeit a bit slow and with updates spaced sometimes at 5 minutes instead of 2 minutes. You may have noticed we have changed our IP address 3 times in the last 2 days to try and work around this problem.

But the good news is that they are working on it, and we expect a resumption of our usual boringly monotonous consistent uptime very soon.

I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused for you, and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Sidd.

DGCSC XML Price Service

Dec 3, 2013, 5:37:04 PM12/3/13

On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:16:20 AM UTC+13, DGCSC XML Price Service wrote:

But the good news is that they are working on it, and we expect a resumption of our usual boringly monotonous consistent uptime very soon.

The service has now been stable for more than 10 hours and it seems the problems have been resolved, thank you all for your patience during this situation.

Regards,

Sidd.