Dupe checking through search or API

bitb...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2012, 2:44:25 PM8/10/12
to derpiboor...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to check image files for duplicates before uploading?

For example, with Ponibooru you could search by MD5, and I used this in a script to check for dupes before checking out artist name and the like.

K_A

Aug 18, 2012, 3:10:00 PM8/18/12
to derpiboor...@googlegroups.com, bitb...@gmail.com
We use SHA-512, here. Try searching sha512_hash:<checksum>

K_A

Aug 18, 2012, 8:01:11 PM8/18/12
to derpiboor...@googlegroups.com, bitb...@gmail.com
But be aware that we perform image optimization here, so you may not get the results you want without running the same optimizations yourself. All of them except JPG optimization are lossless but will obviously affect the checksum.

Lexi Anevay

Oct 14, 2012, 3:57:09 PM10/14/12
to derpiboor...@googlegroups.com, bitb...@gmail.com
Maybe you should start storing the original hash as well, to help with this.

Clover the Clever

Oct 14, 2012, 4:07:38 PM10/14/12
to derpiboor...@googlegroups.com