Re: [derby-makers] Derby Makers Logo

Ben Gray

Aug 28, 2012, 11:05:43 AM8/28/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Great call Sally, my suggestion is attached and you can already get tshirts of it! More serious suggestions are welcomed!

On 28 August 2012 15:46, Sally Jane Thompson <sallyjan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

This is a thread to try and gather together any existing logo ideas and any new ones, to try and get us towards a finalized, usable logo.

I'll do some searches and gather up any that have previously been posted, and will add a few ideas too, and hopefully we can get some comments going to get a sense of what clicks. Watch this space!

images.jpg

Chris Jackson

Aug 28, 2012, 11:52:22 AM8/28/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com

Good grief Ben! Apart from the copyright issues I quite like that one, it made me smile anyway. ;-)

Ben Gray

Aug 28, 2012, 4:34:55 PM8/28/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Keeping copyright in mind this time I've had another stab. Was quite pleased with it until I just saw it next to the danger mouse one!
DM.png

MARK HANCOX

Aug 29, 2012, 1:55:18 AM8/29/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Really like the one with the tower, to me the most iconic part of the Silk Mill building (wish they'd open it up to visitors!). The only possible downside I see is thst it could tie us to the Silk Mill a bit, if DM turns out to have a future seperate from the building?

Sally Jane Thompson

Sep 21, 2012, 4:10:22 PM9/21/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
I really like that Ben! (Sorry for slowest response ever O.o)

The existing temp logo also has the Silk Mill tower, so a few versions with that seem like a good group to put up for discussion - and the Silk Mill thing could be discussed too. I kind of think if we ever ended up no longer being with the Silk Mill, that would be a big enough change that a new logo at that stage wouldn't be too fickle or anything.

Thanks!

Sally Jane Thompson

Sep 25, 2012, 10:01:36 AM9/25/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Quick update - was going to bring along printouts of all ideas that have been put forward to date, plus a couple extra ideas, so people could write comments, but I've not had any luck digging previous ideas out from the depths of the Google group. Will ask around in person, to make sure all ideas get aired, but just thought I'd update so you know I've not forgotten!

Britta Jarvis

Sep 26, 2012, 7:07:41 PM9/26/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Some of you may have seen me start making this werewolf finger puppet on Tuesday... just thought you might be interested to see how he turned out :)

- Britta

P.S. Thanks Anne for lending me the wool!
HalloweenCraft12 (9).JPG
HalloweenCraft12 (7).JPG

Anne Clark

Sep 27, 2012, 2:30:23 AM9/27/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
It looks really good Britta or should I say bad!

Anne

Sent from my iPad
<HalloweenCraft12 (9).JPG>
<HalloweenCraft12 (7).JPG>

Jan Reynolds

Sep 27, 2012, 4:50:10 AM9/27/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Britta for showing how to  make the origami flowers -  got inspired - thought you might like to see the buttonholes and bouquet I made for my daughters wedding.
Jan

Jan Reynolds
07446343114
Cultural Animateur
Creative Culture Connecting Communities
Folk 3D: Animating Schools and Communities Through Folk Arts
Director EMPAF PartnershipSupporting participatory arts to transform lives and generate
success

button hole 1.jpg
bouquet 3.jpg
bouquet and confetti.jpg

Graeme

Sep 27, 2012, 6:22:32 AM9/27/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
What a brilliant idea! A lasting memory and talking point for years to come.

......and Britta......surely some sort of warning was in order for those of a nervous disposition when posing such horrifically scary werewolf images!!!
:-)

Graeme

Britta Jarvis

Sep 27, 2012, 1:19:01 PM9/27/12
to derby-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

Those look fantastic! Love the map paper you chose :D I'm really pleased my origami workshop had such a good outcome!

- Britta

Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:50:10 +0100

Subject: Re: [derby-makers] Derby Makers Logo