Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Charles Shapiro

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 16:33:1028.11.17
an Decatur Makers
A protest against the FCC's proposed changes to Net Neutrality regulations is going to happen 7 Dec at 5 pm at the Verizon offices on Peachtree Street.  Details ( https://act.demandprogress.org/event/team-internet/1402 ).  I may be able to arrange a meeting place shortly before the protest.

Pleae contact me off-list if you wish more details.

-- CHS
(Charles Shapiro, charles...@tomshiro.org )

Michelle Sleeper

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 16:37:2228.11.17
an decaturmakers
I'll be there. Hope to see you all there too.

Atomicc cc

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 16:44:3628.11.17
an decatu...@googlegroups.com
They are appointed officials on the board. Not elected. We can't do anything about our decision they were already bought out by big conglomerates like Verizon AT&T and other ISPs

Atomicc cc

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 16:45:2428.11.17
an decatu...@googlegroups.com
*their decision*

Newton White

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 17:12:3828.11.17
an decatu...@googlegroups.com
Why Verizon? Shoukdnt you be doing this at FCC offices. Question one.

Question 2- didn’t we decide to have the net neutrality discussions in a separate place besides the main email list? I’m happy ti see answers over there.

Newt

Irm Diorio

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 17:21:0728.11.17
an decatu...@googlegroups.com
Charles isn't opening up a discussion here, Newt. He simply is making our larger community aware of an event that might be of interest to some, and shared his contact info if anyone wanted more details offline.

Charles Shapiro

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 17:21:1428.11.17
an Decatur Makers
Ajit Pai's previous job was lawyering for Verizon ( https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20170120/10204436527/report-president-trump-picks-former-verizon-lawyer-ajit-pai-to-head-fcc.shtml ).   The national protests set for Dec 7 will all be at various Verizon offices.

I checked with Irm Diorio before posting the original notice to the list.

-- CHS

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 5:12 PM, Newton White <kon...@me.com> wrote:

Atomicc cc

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 17:25:0728.11.17
an decatu...@googlegroups.com
Ajit V. Pai (the chairmen of the FCC) opposes net neutrality. Ajjt V. Pai also worked for Verizon as an associate general counsel before he was the chairmen of the FCC 🤔. Also, Verizon as well as Ajit V. Pai hold a history of very anti- consumer policy's and actions. Verizon and other companies like Comcast have been trying to monetize the entire internet for years. I think it's strange that people are only now worried about it a month before it is repealed. Verizon and the other big communication companies want your privacy to be at a minimum and their bank vaults at a maximum.

Irm Diorio

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 17:31:4828.11.17
an decatu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rufus,
As this topic has been brought up here before, it was decided that any further discussion would happen on Slack. If you (or anyone else) are interested in joining up there, let me know offline (i...@decaturmakers.org) and I'll send you an invite.
Thanks!
Irm

Bill

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 17:32:5228.11.17
an decatu...@googlegroups.com

PLEASE TAKE THIS DISCUSSION OFF-LIST!

I care as much as the next person about this topic but I, like I’m sure many others, would prefer not to get another barrage of unsolicited opinions and discussions on this topic!

Thank you…

Lefton, Lew E

ungelesen,
28.11.2017, 18:13:2428.11.17
an Decatur Makers

I take responsibility for this.  Charles did ask before posting this, and Irm and I discussed it.   We thought it was fine for him to share that the event was happening, but it should have been one posting and then people were supposed to be instructed to reply to him directly rather than to the list

People, people, people....

https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0INyCmHlNylks9O/giphy.gif

We have an eff channel at https://decaturmakers.slack.com/ where further discussion on this topic should take place for those interested.

Hitler.  There.  This conversation is over, by Godwin's Law https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Lew

On Nov 28, 2017, at 16:33, Charles Shapiro <hooter...@gmail.com<mailto:hooter...@gmail.com>> wrote:

A protest against the FCC's proposed changes to Net Neutrality regulations is going to happen 7 Dec at 5 pm at the Verizon offices on Peachtree Street.  Details ( https://act.demandprogress.org/event/team-internet/1402 ).  I may be able to arrange a meeting place shortly before the protest.

Pleae contact me off-list if you wish more details.

-- CHS
(Charles Shapiro, charles...@tomshiro.org<mailto:charles...@tomshiro.org> )

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor