Weasis DirectDownloadFile with 301 Moved Permanently Status

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Nov 19, 2018, 4:24:56 PM11/19/18
to dcm4che
Hello.

I was wondering if Weasis will support a "301 Moved Permanently" status response from a DirectDownloadFile URL with the new address for the object sent via the Location response header and then fetch the object from this new location.

This doesn't seem to be working right now... it could be my back end implementation though, that's why I want to be sure.

The use case is an app that tries to serve a local resource first but then redirects the request to a remote URL if the file is no longer locally available.

Thanks!

Nicolas Roduit

Nov 27, 2018, 3:20:41 AM11/27/18
to dcm4che
I'm not sure that the manager for downloading images can handle the redirection automatically. According to this post, I should add the redirection in the download manager.

Nicolas Roduit

Dec 3, 2018, 5:38:59 AM12/3/18
to dcm4che
I made some modifications to support redirection when downloading the manifest and the images, see https://github.com/nroduit/Weasis/commit/17f26d37646eb3b1b68f97489482729fa4cf64bf