How to execute .dtsx package with spaces in the name

Rom Cruz

Dec 13, 2013, 7:53:27 PM12/13/13
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to run an SSIS .dtsx package which has spaces in the name. I'm executing it using the Fitnesse CommandLineFixture, but I'm getting a "java.io.IOException: Cannot run program" error.
Here are the things that I have tried:

1)
| com.objectmentor.fixtures.CommandLineFixture |
| command |""C:\Projects\SSIS\ODMart\ODMart107 - Load Dimension.dtsx" /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING EWCDI"|

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program """C:\Projects\SSIS\ODMart\ODMart107": CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect

2)
| com.objectmentor.fixtures.CommandLineFixture |
| command |"C:\Projects\SSIS\ODMart\ODMart107 - Load Dimension.dtsx" /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING EWCDI|

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program ""C:\Projects\SSIS\ODMart\ODMart107": CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application

3)
| com.objectmentor.fixtures.CommandLineFixture |
| command |C:\Projects\SSIS\ODMart\ODMart107 - Load Dimension.dtsx /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING EWCDI|

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Projects\SSIS\ODMart\ODMart107": CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application

Can someone please help on how I should write the command with spaces and parameters in the CommandLineFixture?

Better yet, is there a built in DBFit fixture to execute SSIS package that I should be using?

Thanks!

Yavor Nikolov

Apr 16, 2014, 4:01:16 PM4/16/14
to db...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rom,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Your question is a bit out of scope of DbFit: there are no built-in fixtures for SSIS interaction; and CommandLineFixture is also not part of DbFit. (You're rather looking for FitNesse fixtures doing that).

Anyway: what you're trying to achieve should be possible with CommandLine fixture. The problem in your case is that it expects an executable (the exe which executes .dts packages); and you're just passing the parameters.

Regards,
Yavor