Edit Dataset Error

alejandr...@damasoft.com.mx

Mar 28, 2018, 12:03:25 PM3/28/18
to Dataverse Migration Working Group

Last November we updated Dataverse from 3.X to 4.7. New datasets no problem, but some old datasets page don't show versions.
Log File: javax.el.ELException: /dataset.xhtml @30,68 value="#{DatasetPage.datasetAuthors}"

And we can't edit them, also missing author fields: Identifier Schema and Identifier

Thanks in advance!

gdu...@iq.harvard.edu

Apr 2, 2018, 1:57:30 PM4/2/18
to Dataverse Migration Working Group
Hola Alejandra,

Are you saying some of the migrated datasets do show versions, while others don't? Or is it that all the migrated ones don't show versions?

Also, do you have an more info about that error message when editing? If you could include the server log from when you see this error, that would be helpul in debugging.

About the missing Author identifier schema and identifier fields, do you know if any changes were made to the database table for dyanic dataset field types? It might be helpful to see the result of the following query:

select * from datasetfieldtype;

Thanks,
Gustavo
Message has been deleted

alejandr...@damasoft.com.mx

Apr 2, 2018, 5:18:00 PM4/2/18
to Dataverse Migration Working Group

Hi Gustavo,

Yes, some of the migrated datasets show versions while others do not.  The server logs doesn't show errors,

I think the table datasetfieldtype  not have changed, this is the data.

I recorded a video to show you the error in the UI.

Thank you very much for your help!

alejandr...@damasoft.com.mx

Apr 2, 2018, 5:45:18 PM4/2/18
to Dataverse Migration Working Group

Gustavo,

Me di cuenta que los métodos resetVersionTabList resetReleasedVersionTabList que son invocados en el metodo tabChanged de la clase DatasetPage están regresando un List vació. Aún no logro entender ya que el objeto/metodo dataset.getVersions() no tiene una lista vacía, alguna de las validaciones no se cumple.

¡Muchas Gracias!