dataverse-language-packs repository now open for contributors!

Amber Leahey

Feb 5, 2019, 3:44:42 PM2/5/19
to Dataverse Internationalization Working Group
Hi everyone,

Since the last call with Internationalization developers and translators, a Global Dataverse Community Consortium github repository was created, and underneath this we now have our dataverse-language-packs repository https://github.com/GlobalDataverseCommunityConsortium/dataverse-language-packs

We've set this up to show the latest IQSS Dataverse develop branch. If language packs are provided for a specific version of Dataverse, we will tag these in a separate branch, for example 4.10.1

Jayanthy from SP has kindly populated the US_english and CA_french files for us now, for develop and 4.10.1. Please add other languages under this space and we will work toward automating the syncing/update of US_english from IQSS Dataverse project for translators to add translations in different languages.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks again,
Amber

Juan Corrales

Feb 22, 2019, 6:11:51 AM2/22/19
to Dataverse Internationalization Working Group
Thanks many Amber,

  We (Consorcio Madroño and e-cienciaDatos) can translate Dataverse to Spanish, but I think that we cannot do a complete translation.

  We are not the knowledge to translate all subject specific fields (astrophysics, biomedical, ...)

  Best regards,

Juan

uit.p...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2019, 9:24:36 AM2/22/19
to Dataverse Internationalization Working Group
I'll probably be able to do the Norwegian translation as a part of my contribution to the SSHOC project.
Best, Philipp

Juan Corrales

Mar 5, 2019, 4:31:47 AM3/5/19
to Dataverse Internationalization Working Group
Hi Amber,

  we have finished the Dataverse Spanish translation: https://github.com/Consorcio-Madrono/dataverse-language-packs. We have translated the develop branch. Should we make a pull request to the dataverse-language-packs repository?.

  Best,

Juan

Amber Leahey

Mar 5, 2019, 2:42:34 PM3/5/19
to Dataverse Internationalization Working Group
That is wonderful news, thanks, Juan! Jayanthy is going to review the pull request shortly, stay tuned. And look out for a message from me to schedule a group call for us all to review the workflows and procedures for this new space.