Web Page Design

Thalia U. M.

Jan 24, 2018, 4:05:47 PM1/24/18
to Dataverse Dev
Hello everyone, i have a question about the page dataset.xhtml

It is about the structure of the sections in the page of dataset.xhtml when it says / Files / Metadata / Versions / Terms

i want to change it, the order, e.g. / Metadata / Files / Terms / Versions
but when I change the positions, in the versions section don't show me the list of versions, it leaves it null or empty
The reason may be for an array?

Thank you for the information
Regards

Thalia U.M.

Stephen Kraffmiller

Jan 24, 2018, 4:19:07 PM1/24/18
to Dataverse Dev
We don't load the versions on page load for performance reasons. There's a method on DatasetPage.java called "tabChanged" so that if the tab selected is the versions tab the versions are loaded - (also taking into account if you can view unreleased versions).  The tab index associated with the version tab is hard-coded here as "3", you'll need to change that to the tab order that you changed it to.

Let me know if that works or if you have additional questions.

Thalia U. M.

Jan 24, 2018, 4:27:28 PM1/24/18
to Dataverse Dev
Hello Stephen Kraffmiller, Yes, I am check the code and it is true what you say, only that the activity I do is change the design but without making modifications to the java code, only xhtml and css.
Is there another way to change it or keep respecting the position?

Thanks
Regards
Thalia Uranga