Modify the dataverse style

Thalia U. M.

Aug 22, 2017, 1:45:20 PM8/22/17
to Dataverse Dev
Hello all,
In what editor can I modify the dataverse platform, or in what development environment can I load to modify from the xhtml, java, etc. files?
Because I want to attach other links, previously, Somebody commented me that it is works with the JSF framework.

Thanks for your answer
Regards
Thalia

Philip Durbin

Aug 22, 2017, 2:02:22 PM8/22/17
to datave...@googlegroups.com
We recommend Netbeans. As we say at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.7.1/developers/dev-environment.html#netbeans

"While developers are welcome to use any editor or IDE they wish, Netbeans 8+ is recommended because it is free of cost, works cross platform, has good support for Java EE projects, and happens to be the IDE that the development team at IQSS has standardized on.

NetBeans can be downloaded from http://netbeans.org. Please make sure that you use an option that contains the Jave EE features when choosing your download bundle. While using the installer you might be prompted about installing JUnit and Glassfish. There is no need to reinstall Glassfish, but it is recommended that you install JUnit.

This guide will assume you are using Netbeans for development."

Thalia U. M.

Aug 22, 2017, 2:21:10 PM8/22/17
to Dataverse Dev, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi Philip, thanks for your answer, I have a dude with How to load the development folder in Netbeans?
I already downloaded the postal code of Dataverse.
Thanks
Regards
Thalia

Philip Durbin