SQL update required (external tool)

Philip Durbin

Jan 26, 2018, 6:09:10 PM1/26/18
to datave...@googlegroups.com
Today we merged pull request #4426 which means that everyone will need to run the following SQL update* after pulling the latest from develop:

ALTER TABLE externaltool ADD COLUMN type character varying(255);
ALTER TABLE externaltool ALTER COLUMN type SET NOT NULL;
-- Previously, the only explore tool was TwoRavens. We now persist the name of the tool.
UPDATE guestbookresponse SET downloadtype = 'TwoRavens' WHERE downloadtype = 'Explore';

If the "SET NOT NULL" above fails, please get in touch. This means you've been playing around with external tools already and we're curious what you've been up to. :)

Happy hacking,

Phil

* Also available at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/blob/92e0a433642fabcda5005182580690c8dd78391b/scripts/database/upgrades/upgrade_v4.8.5_to_v4.9.sql