Dataverse Community Call Tomorrow 1/16

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jan 15, 2018, 8:48:16 PM1/15/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi folks - we'll have our usual call tomorrow at Noon EST. The dataverse.org site is having some issues and not letting me update dataverse.org/community-calls, but the notes will be here:

See you soon,

Danny

Philip Durbin

Jan 16, 2018, 1:10:13 PM1/16/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Here are the notes from https://docs.google.com/document/d/10U6y8kDD5V01bN6pJdDmQIBlgUZmh8fnRoGbwdP1I0s/edit?usp=sharing

2018-01-16 Dataverse Community Call

Agenda

* Community Questions

Attendees

* Danny Brooke (IQSS)
* Gustavo Durand (IQSS)
* Julian Gautier (IQSS)
* Phil Durbin (IQSS)
* Pete Meyer (HMS)
* Sherry Lake (UVa)
* Slava Tykhonov (DANS)
* Paul Boon (DANS)
* Courtney Mumma (TDL)

Notes

* 4.9 will be the next release
* No roadmap for 2018 yet
* Community Questions
   * (Courtney) Will there be a script for updating legacy files that don't have DOIs?
      * (Gustavo) Yes.
   * (Slava) Are file DOIs optional?
      * (Gustavo) When we say "file DOIs" we really mean "file persistent id" so files will get Handles if the Dataverse installation is configured for Handles rather than DOIs. No, they will not be optional.
      * (Danny) The issue is in code review right now: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/2438
   * (Slava) Multilingual support?
      * (Danny) There is renewed interest in this in the community, such as Odum, but this isn't actively being worked on at IQSS.
      * (Danny) are there opportunities to collaborate as part of DataverseEU?
         * (Slava) Yes. Pluggable PID provider through GESIS, for example.
   * (Courtney) Texas A&M are using TDL Dataverse and the Harvard Dataverse. Can the TDL installation also include the content hosted by Harvard?
      * (Gustavo) If the data can continue to be hosted at Harvard Dataverse, we can work with you to create a harvesting set in the Harvard Dataverse for your researchers' content. Please email sup...@dataverse.org.
      * (Sherry) We do the same. Harvard Dataverse created a set for UVa content that can be harvested. http://dataverse.lib.virginia.edu - the harvested records have the “link” icon & when you click on the dataset you are directed to where it lives on Harvard
   * (Paul) Question about harvesting. Only the metadata, right? Not the data files themselves? What if there's a need to have the files.
      * (Danny) Correct, metadata only. If you have a need to copy files around themselves, please create a GitHub issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues
   * (Slava) What's the status of DataTags?
      * (Danny) We do still plan to integrate DataTags with Dataverse. The design team is working on it. Please see https://trello.com/c/YtrJu1Rf/20-datatags-50
   * (Sherry) Open Repositories proposal was submitted Monday, Jan. 15th: https://drive.google.com/open?id=146pHQUnG81uUISKfVGNR1Ot1CvDHs4dw