Shibboleth integration

nmed...@haverford.edu

Oct 20, 2016, 7:39:51 PM10/20/16
to Dataverse Users Community
We've been using Harvard's hosted Dataverse for few years, and our users had to create separate accounts to log in.  Once Shibboleth was enabled on Dataverse, I worked with Phil and Haverford's identity staff to have us added to the Research & Scholarship category of InCommon. Now our users can take advantage of single sign-on with their college credentials, which is much more convenient for them.

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Oct 21, 2016, 12:00:08 PM10/21/16
to Dataverse Users Community
Norm - I saw some tickets fly by about this between you and Phil and I'm happy to hear about the successful conclusion! Awesome!

Philip Durbin

Oct 21, 2016, 12:20:06 PM10/21/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Yes! Thanks, Norm! I just quoted you at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/3420 for what I believe will be a quick fix for others.

Philip Durbin

Oct 23, 2017, 2:25:26 PM10/23/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Harvard's Identity Provider (IdP) just joined the Research & Scholarship category of InCommon and because of this I was able to create an account at https://dataverse.unc.edu using my Harvard credentials (HarvardKey) without UNC and Harvard needing to make any special arrangement. Screenshots attached. Awesome!

Phil

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 7:39:51 PM UTC-4, nmed...@haverford.edu wrote:
We've been using Harvard's hosted Dataverse for few years, and our users had to create separate accounts to log in.  Once Shibboleth was enabled on Dataverse, I worked with Phil and Haverford's identity staff to have us added to the Research & Scholarship category of InCommon. Now our users can take advantage of single sign-on with their college credentials, which is much more convenient for them.

step1.png
step2.png