dataset cannot publish

Sudiarto

Nov 2, 2016, 12:36:02 AM11/2/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I have some problem ..,
it can't publish while i write the dataset ..,
any solutions for this issue

thanks in advanced,

regards

Agus Sudiarto
Inline image 1

Philip Durbin

Nov 2, 2016, 7:08:10 AM11/2/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi, from visiting http://203.160.128.165:8080 it looks like you're running Dataverse 4.5 and you have a few published dataverses but no published datasets. I believe that "This dataset may not be published because it has not been registered. Please contact Dataverse Support for assistance." error is coming from https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/blob/v4.5/src/main/java/edu/harvard/iq/dataverse/engine/command/impl/PublishDatasetCommand.java#L105 which is calling https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/blob/v4.5.1/src/main/java/edu/harvard/iq/dataverse/DOIEZIdServiceBean.java#L64

If this is right, I'm curious what `logger.log(Level.FINE, "create DOI identifier retString : " + retString);` shows. Before you do anything, can you please attach your server.log to an email to sup...@dataverse.org ?

Then, for extra credit, please try increasing the logging level by setting edu.harvard.iq.dataverse.DOIEZIdServiceBean=FINE as described at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.5.1/developers/debugging.html . Then try to publish again. Then email the server.log file to sup...@dataverse.org . If these steps are too much, please don't worry about sending server.log a second time.

Phil

Philip Durbin

Nov 7, 2016, 9:45:58 AM11/7/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
I *think* the solution is documented at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.5.1/installation/installation-main.html#dataset-cannot-be-published

"Check to make sure you used a fully qualified domain name when installing Dataverse. You can change the dataverse.fqdn JVM option after the fact per the Configuration section."

This was also expressed as "Document importance of setting either dataverse.fqdn or dataverse.siteUrl properly or else datasets can not be published: http://irclog.iq.harvard.edu/dataverse/2015-12-01#i_27590 " in the Dataverse 4 Installation Guide Reorganization Proposal at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GLky44JbtCNhGuavLXGEP8WPNdjbyHNxalEGjR78MaA/edit?usp=sharing

Note all the "bad request - invalid target URL" lines in the Glassfish log posted at http://pastebin.com/MYvWzGjY (linked from those IRC logs).

I'm sure we could improve the error message. If you or someone would like to go ahead and create a GitHub issue for this, please go ahead!

Fingers crossed that updating that JVM option is the fix! Please keep us posted.

Phil

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 12:36 AM, Sudiarto <sudiar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear All,

I have some problem ..,
it can't publish while i write the dataset ..,
any solutions for this issue

thanks in advanced,

regards

Agus Sudiarto
Inline image 1

Venkatachalam Kannadasan

Nov 21, 2016, 10:13:25 AM11/21/16
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi Phil and Augus

I have encountered this problem earlier on and it was to do with doi site access. We did a testing with the temp accounts created for Datacite and at one point of time the site showed 404 error. Thats when Dataverse shows this error when you try to publish the dataset and the system cannot communicate with DOI provider.

Please check the doi url and see whether you can access it directly.

Thanks and Regards
Venki