Moving dataverse or singel dataset

ofu...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2017, 8:41:46 AM1/23/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi,
We frequently get requests to move a single dataset to another dataverse or move a dataverse as a sub-dataverse of another dataverse. Is there any UI support to do it directly and re-dindex it or still currently done with a db sql statement with an api index call?

Obi

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jan 23, 2017, 9:13:30 AM1/23/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hey Obi - there's unfortunately not a UI to do these moves. It sounds like you have the right steps, but let me know if you need any help with specific queries or if you have other questions.

- Danny

ofu...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2017, 9:21:51 AM1/24/17
to Dataverse Users Community

Hey Danny,

Thanks for quick reply. I need help with the following specific queries:

  • What is the sql-statement to move for example  Dataverse with id001  to  another Dataverse with id002 and id001  becomes a sub-dataverse in Dataverse with id002 ?
  • What is the sql-statement to move for example a single dataset call it dataset_id_000 from Dataverse with id005 to Dataverse with id006 ?

Thanks
Obi

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Jan 26, 2017, 12:11:59 PM1/26/17
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Obi - sorry for the delay in my response. Kevin did a writeup on the process that's available here:

Feel free to take a look at this and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Danny

Philip Durbin

Jan 26, 2017, 2:52:45 PM1/26/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
This doc looks very helpful. (I hope Obi agrees.) Thanks! I just linked to it from these open issues so I can find it easily:

- Moving Dataverses + Datasets: Provide way in the UI for a user to do this - https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/2073
- Move Dataset: Allow super user to move a dataset to another dataverse, one at a time. - https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/2226
- Move Dataverse: Allow super user to move a dataverse and reindex it and all child objects. - https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/2278

Phil

Steven McEachern

Jun 7, 2017, 1:12:31 PM6/7/17
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Hi all,

Has there been any movement on the roadmap on incorporating this into the UI (or even an API call).
I'd really like to see this functionality - we have 1500 datasets to manage already, I'd really rather not have to be working directly with the database using SQL :-)

Cheers,
Steve

Philip Durbin

Jun 7, 2017, 3:51:01 PM6/7/17
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Nope, not on the roadmap. All those issues are in the new "Inbox" column at https://waffle.io/IQSS/dataverse which is the one farthest on the left. It sounds like you'd like those issues to move to the right.

Other installations would benefit from work in this area as well. We'd like to minimize the number of SQL statements people have to run!

Phil