It's Hacktoberfest!

Oliver Bertuch

Oct 1, 2019, 10:37:04 AM10/1/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

DigitalOcean is once more giving away cool shirts for cool people
writing cool code for cool OSS projects.

https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/

Maybe IQSS can tag some issues to get things done and let people receive
one of those?

Regards,
Oliver

Philip Durbin

Oct 1, 2019, 12:01:23 PM10/1/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for putting Hacktoberfest on our radar!

I just added a "hacktoberfest" label to this issue: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/3619

As I wrote in a comment there, I hope it's a one line fix. :)

If anyone out there thinks other GitHub issues are good candidates ("Choose issues that have a well-defined scope and are self-contained"), please leave a comment on them or reply here.

Thanks,

Phil

Jim Myers

Oct 5, 2019, 8:52:20 AM10/5/19
to Dataverse Users Community
FYI - issues don't have to be labeled, so if you sign up, all your PRs for Dataverse and related repos count!

Philip Durbin

Oct 7, 2019, 11:00:42 AM10/7/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Woo-hoo! Our first Hacktoberfest pull request was just merged!

Jim, thanks for merging and for the heads up: "FYI - issues don't have to be labeled, so if you sign up, all your PRs for Dataverse and related repos count!"

So far these repos have issues labeled Hacktoberfest:

If you'd like to make a pull request but all the issues above seem to weird or hard, please reply with the kind of issue you'd like to work on (docs, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Java, Python, R, etc.) and we'll find you something to hack on. :)

Thanks!

Phil

Oliver Bertuch

Oct 31, 2019, 8:26:21 AM10/31/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Dear fellow Dataverse devs,

this is the last day of October. Last chance to register, open PRs and get them merged for Hacktoberfest 2019.

Let me thank all of you devs for reviewing, commenting and merging my pull requests this October. I already have been notified by DigitalOcean that I completed the challenge. Really curious about that free shirt...

Maybe next year we can even attract more people to participate?

Best,
Oliver