a design for pluggable authentication in Dataverse 4.0

Philip Durbin

Jul 22, 2014, 1:40:41 PM7/22/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, dvn-...@lists.iq.harvard.edu
I'd like to share with both the dvn-auth list and the larger Google
Group a new "pluggable authentication" design we have come up with for
Dataverse 4.0.

We've tried to incorporate as much feedback as we could in the design
but could use your help in reviewing it to make sure we haven't missed
anything:

https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/blob/master/doc/Architecture/auth.md

At a high level, we hear you loud and clear that you want Shibboleth
support. Some groups seem interested in contributing code for LDAP and
OAuth. We plan to continue to support IP groups. We'd like to
introduce API keys.

We're not picky about how you give us feedback on the pluggable auth
design. You can comment directly on the commits on GitHub. Or reply to
this email. Or hit us up on IRC.

We'd like to start coding this up soon. :)

Thanks!

Phil

--
Philip Durbin