online Collaboration Cafe on reproducibility from The Turing Way

Philip Durbin

Oct 2, 2019, 8:26:52 AM10/2/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the late notice but in less than two hours the 4th in a series of online "collaboration cafe" events about scientific computational reproducibility will be taking place:

(They have a nice table of times in Shanghai, New York, etc.)

I actually have a meeting then (10am Boston time) but if anyone from the Dataverse community wants to tune in, I'd be interested in what they have to say!

It looks like there are 6 more of these events scheduled through the end of the year so there will be plenty of opportunities to get to know these folks (and their killer artwork*) in the future.

Thanks!

Phil

* Killer reproducibility artwork: https://zenodo.org/record/3332808

Philip Durbin

Oct 2, 2019, 6:05:21 PM10/2/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
That was quick. I joined this call after all and talked quite a bit about reproducibility from the Dataverse perspective, including mentions of Code Ocean, Whole Tale, the new Binder pull request, etc.

The video from today's call is already up on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIIJvDZ8pzw

(My video wasn't working but you can hear me fine. I start talking about a minute in.)

Notes are available as well: https://hackmd.io/@KirstieJane/CollabCafe

I think I agreed to help them fix up or at least read through these sections of their online book from the data repository perspective:

- Credit for reproducible research: https://the-turing-way.netlify.com/credit/credit.html

(If anyone is interested in reviewing a pull request, assuming I make one, please let me know!)

This group is fantastic and I can't recommend enough calling in next time if you're interested in reproducibility. Again, the schedule can be found at https://github.com/alan-turing-institute/the-turing-way/blob/master/project_management/online-collaboration-cafe.md#dates-and-start-times

Thanks,

Phil