How to migrate from test datacite to production?

Bollini Andrea

Nov 22, 2018, 5:30:58 PM11/22/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
after some months of testing we are now moving a dataverse installation
from the "pilot/test" phase to production.
One of the task is to make a proper configuration of the DataCite
integration.
The researchers have asked to save the dataset and the dataverse that
they have already prepared, some in the published state some still in
draft.
Are there any script to assign real DOIs to existing dataset?

Can you suggest the best strategy to export and reimport all the data
(including permissions, ownership, status)?

Thanks,
Andrea

--
Andrea Bollini
Chief Technology and Innovation Officer

4Science, www.4science.it
DuraSpace Certified Partner
DSpace, DSpace-CRIS, DSpace-GLAM, DuraCloud
service provider

4Science s.r.l. - VAT no. IT02451840397
office: Via Tiburtina 652/A, 00159 Roma, Italy
mobile: +39 333 934 1808
skype: a.bollini
linkedin: andreabollini
orcid: 0000-0002-9029-1854

--
Questo messaggio e' stato analizzato da Libra ESVA ed e' risultato non infetto.
This message was scanned by Libra ESVA and is believed to be clean.

Philip Durbin

Nov 26, 2018, 12:28:08 PM11/26/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrea,

Congrats on your future move to production! When you're done, please take a moment to add your installation to the map by following the steps at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.9.4/installation/config.html#putting-your-dataverse-installation-on-the-map-at-dataverse-org

But first, let's see if we can get you some guidance on the transition from pilot/test to production. There was recently a similar question to which I wrote a reply at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/dataverse-community/GWQNBOmMIMs/lC1xD1b7AQAJ . I'd encourage you to start by reading through that thread.

At a high level, your choices are to delete test datasets you don't want or to copy real datasets you do want to another installation.

Harvard Dataverse is a story of migration. We've been migrating some of the same datasets across various releases of Dataverse for many years. I'd be curious to hear some stories from the community of how they started with Dataverse 4 and eventually made the switch from pilot/test to production. There's probably a feature we could add or at least some docs to write to make this easier but I'm not sure what's most needed.

I hope this helps,

Phil

Bollini Andrea

Nov 27, 2018, 5:26:11 PM11/27/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,
thanks for the hints, they are definitely useful.
Andrea