Dataverse 4.9.3

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Oct 1, 2018, 10:34:27 PM10/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi everyone,

Dataverse 4.9.3 is now available on Github! I'll steal this paragraph from the release notes:

"This release is focused on expanded options for handling datasets and files in Dataverse. The dataset linking feature is now available to all users, not just superusers. It is now accessible through the UI in addition to the API. Users now have the option of downloading all files in a dataset in their original file format via the Download All button, in addition to the already available "archival format" option. Installations can now configure whether or not PIDs will be minted for files. We have also made the application more stable by addressing leaks."

We're excited to answer any questions, especially those related to upgrading. :) Thank you to everyone in the community who contributed code, user testing, questions, bug reports, and everything else!

danny...@g.harvard.edu

Oct 3, 2018, 10:51:47 PM10/3/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi everyone,

4.9.4 is also available and includes a bug fix for an issue that impacts users logging in with an email address:

I left a note at the top of the 4.9.3 release notes directing upgraders to 4.9.4.

Thanks,

Danny

Sherry Lake

Oct 4, 2018, 9:33:11 AM10/4/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update, Danny.

And thanks to the team for making file PIDs optional.

UVa is at 4.8.6

So I assume that to upgrade to 4.9.3, we need to do ALL the incremental updates, just like usual?

Thanks.
Sherry

Philip Durbin

Oct 4, 2018, 9:39:42 AM10/4/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Yes[1], but if you and others who have a number of upgrades in front of you would leave a comment with your thoughts on the "allow upgrades across versions" issue it would be much appreciated: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4980

Thanks,

Phil

1. "When upgrading within Dataverse 4.x, you will need to follow the upgrade instructions for each intermediate version." http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.9.3/installation/upgrading.html