DataverseEU Docker module - login, deploy, and undeployment

Sharif

Oct 17, 2019, 3:05:11 AM10/17/19
to Dataverse Users Community

  Dear all,

  Good morning. I am very glad  that I could successfully install Dataverse using "DataverseEU Docker module".

  But I am having few issues:

  Every time when I start Dataverse from Ubuntu linux terminal using the command " sudo docker-compose up", I get an error message on war files; nevertheless I see that other things

  are going on  in the terminal.  After a few minutes the messages at the terminal window stop appearing. Then as I try to login at http://localhost:8085, I do not get logged in smoothly.

  After several try, I can log in.

  Could you please tell me how to deploy and undeploy Dataverse more easily?

  Thank you very much for your kind support in advance.

  Best regards,

  Sharif

Philip Durbin

Oct 17, 2019, 5:49:10 AM10/17/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi! All of the efforts to get Dataverse running in Docker are community supported. If you are interested in using Docker in production, please consider sharing your thoughts in a comment at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4665

There are two main efforts:

The community members behind both efforts talk regularly. My understanding is that the DataverseEU one comes from dataverse-docker so it would be good for you to copy your feedback above into a new issue at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-docker/issues to alert them of the problem.

I hope this helps!

Phil

Donald Sizemore II

Oct 17, 2019, 6:47:40 AM10/17/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

It takes any Dataverse installation a bit of time to launch completely. Even once Dataverse fully loads, the first HTTP call will take a while as the web application regenerates its cache. What are the specs of your host platform (CPU/RAM)?

painstakingly pecked on my iphone.

On Oct 17, 2019, at 03:05, Sharif <endr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sharif

Sharif