Notification email issue

SDich

May 1, 2018, 11:45:05 AM5/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Good day,

I'm trying to setup the notification email feature by using my work email address but I got no notifications. But when using my gmail account I can get notifications.
I followed the troubleshooting steps (delete the notification mail sessions, setup the new notification mail sessions using the command line then restart glassfish).

Is there anything I'm missing guys?

Thanks for your help.

Philip Durbin

May 1, 2018, 12:24:41 PM5/1/18
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble. Recently we heard in https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4580 that some emails aren't getting through and we recently merged a pull request from a contributor (shout out to Jim Myers from QDR) to address this. It will appear in the next release of Dataverse.

Which version of Dataverse are you running? If you're already on the latest version (4.8.6) some additional logging was added in https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues/4535 (shout out to Andrew Crerar from NCSU for the pull request.)

I hope this helps!

Phil

SDich

May 1, 2018, 12:31:50 PM5/1/18
to Dataverse Users Community
Thanks for your reponse Phil.
I'm still doing my installation for POC if you can remember :-).
I really need to fix this in order to get a positive feed back about using Dataverse here @myuniversity.
Actually for the POC purpose I can get those notifications using GMAIL and it's fine so far, but it would be very good if in a way or another could get it to work using a specific email account from us.
I'll take a look at the link you just provided and get back to you if I need any further help.
Cheers.

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 11:45 AM, SDich <smd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day,

I'm trying to setup the notification email feature by using my work email address but I got no notifications. But when using my gmail account I can get notifications.
I followed the troubleshooting steps (delete the notification mail sessions, setup the new notification mail sessions using the command line then restart glassfish).

Is there anything I'm missing guys?

Thanks for your help.

Message has been deleted