Are there any tutorials for plugin development?

Kerru

Jan 8, 2020, 7:19:22 AM1/8/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Are there any tutorials for plugin development in dataverse?
Which of the APIs dataverse provides is the most used in this context?

Philip Durbin

Jan 8, 2020, 8:31:09 AM1/8/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi! Thanks for your interest in creating a plugin for Dataverse!

Unfortunately, there are no tutorials for plugin development. There some (new) guidance for creators of what we call "external tools" at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.18.1/api/external-tools.html but I'm not sure if this makes sense for what you have in mind. Can you please tell us a little more about your idea? What would your plugin do? What feature would it add?

Another place to look is http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.18.1/admin/integrations.html which groups integrations into the following categories:

- Getting Data In
- Analysis and Computation
- Discoverability
- Research Data Preservation

There are APIs for all of this and more. Again, if you tell us a little more about your idea, we can try to point you to the proper documentation, similar efforts (if they exist), etc.

I hope this helps,

Phil