RSS feeds from dataverse

Nilam Prasai

Jan 2, 2013, 3:44:49 PM1/2/13
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Dear users and supporters of dataverse,
I am wondering if there is a way to generate RSS feeds from the dataverse. We are subscribed to IQSS DVN.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks, Nilam

Philip Durbin

Jan 3, 2013, 12:27:30 PM1/3/13
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nilam,

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Nilam Prasai <nilam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am wondering if there is a way to generate RSS feeds from the dataverse.
> We are subscribed to IQSS DVN.

I like the idea of getting RSS feeds from a DVN installation.

What sort of feeds are you thinking of? New studies uploaded? New
dataverses created?

For now you could use the DVN API to create your own RSS feed:
http://guides.thedata.org/book/data-sharing-api

You might also consider configuring automatic tweets from your DVN
installation: http://guides.thedata.org/book/4e-twitter-setup

Phil

--
Philip Durbin
Software Developer for http://thedata.org

cerd...@cfa.harvard.edu

Jan 3, 2013, 12:51:05 PM1/3/13
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nilam,

This might be something we consider as well at theastrodata.org. Two
things that might help you with this is a module in Drupal called Feeds
OAI-PMH Fetcher and Parser or maybe you can use https://ifttt.com?

If you are a programmer then I'm sure you can hack something up in PHP
or Python though. I haven't looked to see if there is a script out there
for this but if you find something, let us know!

Best,
Chris

kim ph

Apr 21, 2014, 3:05:38 PM4/21/14
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
does your data sharing API have releaseTime (for recently released studies) or downloadCount (for most downloaded studies)?