Dataverse Data Curation Tool Webinar, Feb. 14th

Kaitlin Newson

Feb 6, 2020, 12:20:31 PM2/6/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Dataverse community,

Next week on February 14th at 10:00AM EST (See in your time zone), we'll be hosting a webinar on the Dataverse Data Curation Tool developed at Scholars Portal. See below for more details. I'll also be sure to share out the recording to the community for those that can't make it.

--

This fall, the Scholars Portal Dataverse team launched the Data Curation Tool (DCT), which was developed in-house with funding from a CANARIE Research Data Management grant. The DCT aims to enhance data curation workflows within Dataverse, to improve the ability for data reuse, and to support the application of standards and best practices.

On February 14, join Kaitlin Newson, Digital Projects Librarian, for a one-hour webinar providing an overview and demo of the Data Curation Tool. Learn how data owners and curators can create and edit metadata at the variable level, view summary statistics and charts about their data, and more!

Who should attend?
This webinar is open to anyone who uses or administers Dataverse, or is interested in Dataverse curation tools.

Connection details
Join this webinar on Zoom: https://ocul.zoom.us/j/183591365

The webinar will be recorded and made available on the OCUL webinar archive after the session. If you require any accommodations please contact oc...@ocul.on.ca.

Meghan Goodchild

Feb 13, 2020, 3:17:15 PM2/13/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Just a reminder about the webinar tomorrow! Hope to see you there!

Kaitlin Newson

Mar 3, 2020, 10:35:30 AM3/3/20
to Dataverse Users Community
For anyone that was not able to make the webinar, the recording is available here:

You can also see the slides from the webinar here:

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or comments!

Philip Durbin

Mar 3, 2020, 9:24:20 PM3/3/20
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Added to DataverseTV! https://dataverse.org/dataversetv

In the description I used the same you used above:

"Learn how data owners and curators can create and edit metadata at the variable level, view summary statistics and charts about their data, and more!"

To make further edits, please see https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse-tv

Benjamin Peuch

Mar 6, 2020, 7:56:33 AM3/6/20
to Dataverse Users Community
Just watched the webinar. The software looks absolutely great! Quick, clean, user-friendly…

We'll keep an eye on the development of the DCT in the future. :)

--
Benjamin Peuch
State Archives of Belgium