How configure Handle?

Richard Valdivia

Apr 3, 2019, 2:31:25 PM4/3/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Maybe this question was answered before. But after a big search I dont find one good and complete response.

I try to configure Handle in my Dataverse instance without sucess. Have a lot of configurations and some are very bad documented.

For exemple: my "domain.xml" dont have <jvm-options> tag. Can I put my own in this file? How exactly I have to configure in this file?

In other place I see this commnad line:
This is for remove DOI configuration and add Handle

Can anyone show a complete configuration for handle?

tks!
Richard

Philip Durbin

Apr 3, 2019, 4:37:57 PM4/3/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I've never configured Dataverse for Handles but I can try to help a bit with generic configuration questions.

You should definitely <jvm-options> tags in your domain.xml. Please feel free to email your domain.xml to sup...@dataverse.org and we can take a look.

We provide advice on how to configure JVM options at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.12/installation/config.html#jvm-options (screenshot attached).

Those curl commands are for database settings rather than JVM options. Database settings are described at http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.12/installation/config.html#database-settings

(You don't need sudo, by the way.)

Maybe someone in the community who uses Handles can provide a working config for you.

I hope this helps,

Phil

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 4.32.59 PM.png

scha.sch...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2019, 2:43:11 PM4/9/19
to Dataverse Users Community
Hi Richard,

I am not sure if I can be of any help, it is already a while ago that we configured dataverse to use handles.

I remember that we set the following jvm and database option(s):

curl -X PUT -d xx.xxxx http://localhost:8080/api/admin/settings/:Authority

asadmin create-jvm-options
"-Ddataverse.handlenet.admcredfile=/some/path/to/300_dataverse_privkey.bin" (world-readable)

Besides the -Ddataverse.handlenet.admcredfil option we have lots of other <jvm-options> tags in the java config section of domain.xml...If you do not have any <jvm-options> tags, maybe it would be a good idea to have another look at the jvm options section of the installation guide (http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.12/installation/config.html#jvm-options).

Best,
Sabine

Richard Valdivia

Apr 10, 2019, 1:18:29 PM4/10/19
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sabine,

Tks a lot for your response. After reading more about this issue I realize that theses things are very complicated :)
My <jvm-options> doesn´t have this directive. I will add!

If I have some progression, I will report in this thread the solution for help othes that have the same problem...

tks
Richard