Dataverse puppet module

Philip Durbin

Jul 24, 2015, 8:16:07 AM7/24/15
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Exciting! I just learned of a Dataverse puppet module at https://github.com/iish/iish-iqss by taking a quick glance at https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/pull/2407

I used Puppet and my last job and it's a nice system. Our dev servers have Puppet installed but the dev teams doesn't use it directly (a separate Ops team manages it) and our production servers don't have Puppet installed. All this is to say that I'm not sure I would personally make use of it immediately (I'm using shell scripts) but I thought it's worth highlighting it! Even if I haven't tried it yet. :)

Thank you, Lucien van Wouw ( https://github.com/lwo ) for working on this!

Just the other day Ben Companjen and I were wondering if there should be a separate mailing list for people who install and run Dataverse: http://irclog.iq.harvard.edu/dataverse/2015-07-16#i_21768 . I'm not sure that's necessary but use of Puppet (or Chef, or Salt, or Ansible) to install Dataverse would certainly be on topic!

Phil