Adding extra menus at the top menu area and some information at the footer?

ofu...@gmail.com

May 12, 2016, 6:48:10 AM5/12/16
to Dataverse Users Community

Hi,

We would like to customize our Dataverse 4.3 and add additional/extra menus at the top menu area and some information at the footer. Where can I do these things?

We would like the menu "Support" link found at the top of the Dataverse page to send email to our admin address, not to Harvard Dataverse.  Any API support to do that?

Ofuuzo

Philip Durbin

May 12, 2016, 7:11:27 AM5/12/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ofuuzo,

The installer should have prompted you for a site-specific support email address but you can set it at any time: http://guides.dataverse.org/en/4.3/installation/config.html#systememail

Extra menus? More information in the footer? Can you please describe these in detail in a GitHub issue? https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/issues

Thanks,

Phil

ofu...@gmail.com

May 12, 2016, 7:39:19 AM5/12/16
to Dataverse Users Community, philip...@harvard.edu
Thank for your reply.
Support email address is ok now. I have seen where to change or add information at the footer.

Default installation comes with the following top menus: About, Guides, Support, Sign Up and Log.  I would like to add an extra menu that points to our Blog page outside Dataverse.

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:48 AM, <ofu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

We would like to customize our Dataverse 4.3 and add additional/extra menus at the top menu area and some information at the footer. Where can I do these things?

We would like the menu "Support" link found at the top of the Dataverse page to send email to our admin address, not to Harvard Dataverse.  Any API support to do that?

Ofuuzo

Philip Durbin

May 12, 2016, 7:54:35 AM5/12/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com
You know, the "About" button in the header of all Dataverse 4 installations links to http://dataverse.org

Because Peking forked the Dataverse code, the "About" button at the top of http://opendata.pku.edu.cn links to http://opendata.pku.edu.cn/about.xhtml

Maybe the "About" button at the top of https://dataverse.lib.virginia.edu (for example) could be configurable to link to http://news.library.virginia.edu/2016/03/29/uva-library-launches-libra-data-university-of-virginia-dataverse-repository/ or whatever makes sense (and could change over time).

I guess I'm just wondering if it makes more sense to make the "About" button in the header configurable per installation rather than adding an additional button called "Blog" or whatever. Here's where the link to http://dataverse.org is hard-coded: https://github.com/IQSS/dataverse/blob/v4.3/src/main/webapp/dataverse_header.xhtml#L48

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 7:39 AM, <ofu...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

ofu...@gmail.com

Durand, Gustavo

May 12, 2016, 11:20:09 AM5/12/16
to dataverse...@googlegroups.com, Durbin, Philip
Making this configurable makes sense, though we may want to allow for both, i.e. a submenu on about with one link going to dataverse.org, and the other going to an installation specific page, if configured.

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 8:20 AM, ofu...@gmail.com <ofu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Philip.

Ofuuzo