Telangana district boundaries

Srihari Thalla

Jun 4, 2017, 1:40:18 AM6/4/17
to datameet
Hi!

Does anyone have the shapefiles for new 31 districts of Telangana? The main intent is to update them in OpenStreetMap!

Thanks!

cc @PlaneMad

harsha

Aug 7, 2017, 9:51:43 AM8/7/17
to datameet, Vaishnavi Tripuraneni
Hi Srihari,

Were you able to get access to these ? I am currently looking at focusedly Vikarabad Distritc, which is a new district carved out of Rangareddy District and within it mandals & villages. Let me know if we can collectively work towards this.

Cheers,
Harsha

Srihari Thalla

Aug 9, 2017, 4:59:49 AM8/9/17
to datameet, Vaishnavi Tripuraneni

Hi Harsha,

I was not able to collect any sources for the new districts. DataMeet does not have it either.

Thanks!

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Arun Ganesh

Aug 9, 2017, 5:40:41 AM8/9/17
to datameet, Vaishnavi Tripuraneni
If you have a list of village in the new district, you can use the village boundaries data to generate this https://github.com/datameet/indian_village_boundaries

Cheers,
Srihari

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Arun Ganesh

Jul 17, 2018, 11:35:52 PM7/17/18
to datameet, Vaishnavi Tripuraneni
Managed to extract the latest district shapefiles from the Telangana Geo Portal using their hidden data query page: Query

Set the output format to json and run the query. The file opens in QGIS.

Can the data we scrape this way be considered open data under Government Open Data License?

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 9.13.40 PM.png

On Sunday, June 4, 2017 at 11:10:18 AM UTC+5:30, Srihari Thalla wrote:
Hi!

Does anyone have the shapefiles for new 31 districts of Telangana? The main intent is to update them in OpenStreetMap!

Thanks!

cc @PlaneMad

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---
Cheers,
Srihari

--
Datameet is a community of Data Science enthusiasts in India. Know more about us by visiting http://datameet.org
---

Rakesh

Jul 18, 2018, 9:10:52 AM7/18/18
to datameet
The shape files for the new districts will very soon be uploaded on the state data portal. (in about 3 to 4 weeks)

Jeff Weaver

Jul 19, 2018, 8:48:49 AM7/19/18
to datameet
Will this also include the mandal-level shape files?

naveen ramisetty

Aug 29, 2018, 4:31:57 PM8/29/18
to data...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rakesh,

Any update on this?

Thanks,
Naveen

Sent from my iPhone

On 18-Jul-2018, at 6:40 PM, Rakesh <rakesh....@gmail.com> wrote:

The shape files for the new districts will very soon be uploaded on the state data portal. (in about 3 to 4 weeks)

Naveen Francis

Aug 29, 2018, 7:50:06 PM8/29/18
to datameet
Telengana district boundaries can be downloaded from here

Rakesh

Aug 30, 2018, 5:32:50 AM8/30/18
to datameet
They are yet to be uploaded. But attached is the file with new districts & mandals.
Telangana New Districts Shape Files.zip

naveen ramisetty

Aug 30, 2018, 11:38:59 AM8/30/18
to data...@googlegroups.com