Why does 4.3 require Java SE 6 runtime?

Jerald Josephs

Apr 26, 2013, 1:04:16 PM4/26/13
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
I was a user of Cyberduck before I updated Java SE to version 7. Java SE 6 is no longer available for Mac OS X, unless you move things around on your filesystem. (See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559).

This is what I see when I launch the installer that I downloaded from cyberduck.ch

I searched this group for a previous posting on this topic and it would appear that this is unique to me. I currently have Java SE 7 update 21 installed

Best regards,
Jerald

David Kocher

Apr 26, 2013, 2:50:58 PM4/26/13
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
Like in the version we distribute in the Mac App Store, future releases of Cyberduck (beginning with snapshot builds in the coming days) will no longer require a Java installation.

-- David

On 26.04.2013, at 19:04, Jerald Josephs <jerald....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was a user of Cyberduck before I updated Java SE to version 7. Java SE 6
> is no longer available for Mac OS X, unless you move things around on your
> filesystem. (See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559).
>
> This is what I see when I launch the installer that I downloaded from
> cyberduck.ch
>

> I searched this group for a previous posting on this topic and it would
> appear that this is unique to me. I currently have Java SE 7 update 21
> installed
>
> Best regards,
> Jerald
>
> --
> --
> Post bug reports and feature requests
> http://trac.cyberduck.ch/newticket
> --
> Support development
> http://cyberduck.ch/donate/
>
> ---

David Kocher

Apr 30, 2013, 8:57:28 AM4/30/13
to cybe...@googlegroups.com
The latest snapshot build for Mac now requres OS X 10.6 or later, a 64Bit Intel Processor [1] but no Java installation requirement.

[1] http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3696

-- David

On 26.04.2013, at 19:04, Jerald Josephs <jerald....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was a user of Cyberduck before I updated Java SE to version 7. Java SE 6
> is no longer available for Mac OS X, unless you move things around on your
> filesystem. (See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5559).
>
> This is what I see when I launch the installer that I downloaded from
> cyberduck.ch
>

> I searched this group for a previous posting on this topic and it would
> appear that this is unique to me. I currently have Java SE 7 update 21
> installed
>
> Best regards,
> Jerald

Jerald Josephs